Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone?

Options
  • 02-12-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi all, apologies for another what phone post? I am looking to replace my 7 yr old phone. I've decided i don't want an i-phone because of the short battery life. I just need a phone for calls and texts most of the time but occasionally I would like to have internet access to place a bet or check sports results. I am easily confused with all the technology so would appreciate any help. I'm on bill pay at the moment. Battery life is important as i'm used to getting 3-4 days out of a charge. What are my options, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I dont know any modern smartphone (iPhone, Android, Windows or BlackBerry) that would last 3-4 days on a single charge. If 3-4 days is essential (in that you cannot charge every night) then look at maybe a nokia asha 302 Or a BlackBerry Curve 9320 (2 days maybe 3 out of a charge)

An iPhone or Android maybe over kill if you're not going to use data and apps much. The Vodafone Smart 2 isn't a bad android device

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I dont know any modern smartphone (iPhone, Android, Windows or BlackBerry) that would last 3-4 days on a single charge. If 3-4 days is essential (in that you cannot charge every night) then look at maybe a nokia asha 302 Or a BlackBerry Curve 9320 (2 days maybe 3 out of a charge)

An iPhone or similar Android device maybe over kill if you're not going to use data and apps much. The Vodafone Smart 2 isn't a bad android device

Advertisement