Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study on the Perception of Health Risks Of Using Sunbeds

Options
  • 02-12-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am conducting a study on the Perception of the Health Risks associated with using Sunbeds. I am looking for people who would be willing to participate in this study. The study will be conducted by way of individual interview with those who volunteer to participate in this study. I can assure you that the data collected at these interviews will be protected and will remain under my control at all times.

I am looking for people who live in Ireland and who have on at least once occasion used a sunbed. This will include people who have previously used sunbeds but no longer use sunbeds and will also include people who currently use sunbeds.

I would really appreciate if you would consider participating in this study. If interested, please send me a message and we can discuss further.

Michael Murray

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

MikeM4500 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am conducting a study on the Perception of the Health Risks associated with using Sunbeds. I am looking for people who would be willing to participate in this study. The study will be conducted by way of individual interview with those who volunteer to participate in this study. I can assure you that the data collected at these interviews will be protected and will remain under my control at all times.

I am looking for people who live in Ireland and who have on at least once occasion used a sunbed. This will include people who have previously used sunbeds but no longer use sunbeds and will also include people who currently use sunbeds.

I would really appreciate if you would consider participating in this study. If interested, please send me a message and we can discuss further.

Michael Murray

Do you know what sample bias is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MikeM4500

5uspect, Thank you for your comment.

I have considered probability sampling - using questionnaire sent to households seleced at random but the response rate is likely to be low and the data collected would not also for a full exploration of the issues involved. I have decided that a study which was more qualitative in nature might yield more useful data.

Michael

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement