Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac keychain password manager

Options
  • 02-12-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Mac and I've just set up a user account for the kids. Before setting up the separate user accounts, they used a couple of websites that were password enabled. I use keychain - the Apple Password manager. The problem is I can't get keychain to save passwords in their new user accounts. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr. JoeCool

Keychain files may have become corrupt, search for keychain access in spotlight then

Open the keychain access menu and open launch keychain first aid
    Enter the users password and check the repair box, then click start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I can access the kids websites with their passwords from my user account, but not from theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr. JoeCool

As far as I know you can't share or view keychains like that since each user's keychain is encrypted and protected by the user's password for security reasons.

You could share they keychain via dropbox but it's a bit of a pain.

Can you not just re enter their info into keychain on their account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

You should have a look at Lastpass. It's free.
    https://lastpass.com/

It's a better password manager.

• Advertisement
Advertisement