Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Out on Christmas Day

Options
  • 02-12-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me regarding places in Limerick ( or within 15/20 miles ) open for dinner on Christmas Day please ? Found only two so far, the Radission and the Strand hotel but they are each charging E85-E89 pp.
    Thank you and Happy Christmas
    (ps. I know of several that do pre-prepared xmas dinners, but it is more the social outing of Xmas day itself that I am looking for)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Muggins101 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me regarding places in Limerick ( or within 15/20 miles ) open for dinner on Christmas Day please ? Found only two so far, the Radission and the Strand hotel but they are each charging E85-E89 pp.
    (ps. I know of several that do pre-prepared xmas dinners, but it is more the social outing of Xmas day itself that I am looking for)

The what? xmas day is for couch, eating too much and watching movies while nomming chocolate, not making hotel workers miss their xmas day to wait on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

krudler wrote: »
    The what? xmas day is for couch, eating too much and watching movies while nomming chocolate, not making hotel workers miss their xmas day to wait on people.

Not everyone has the choice to have christmas dinner with familes/friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

An insensitive post to say the least. As pointed out above, not everyone has family to share Christmas day with.
    Christmas can be a very lonely time for some people and I think it's great that people can go to a hotel and get their dinner while interacting with people in the same position as themselves.
    I'm sure hotel staff are being well paid to work Christmas day, hence, the extortionate price for the dinner.
    Nobody is making them work Christmas day, if they don't like that they may have to work it, they need to find a profession that doesn't involve working Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Culleeo wrote: »
    An insensitive post to say the least. As pointed out above, not everyone has family to share Christmas day with.
    Christmas can be a very lonely time for some people and I think it's great that people can go to a hotel and get their dinner while interacting with people in the same position as themselves.
    I'm sure hotel staff are being well paid to work Christmas day, hence, the extortionate price for the dinner.
    Nobody is making them work Christmas day, if they don't like that they may have to work it, they need to find a profession that doesn't involve working Christmas day.

Except for y'know, their employers?
    I've both worked xmas day and spent it by myself, still wouldnt go to hotel and deprive someone else of their time off to suit myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

I've both worked xmas day and spent it by myself, still wouldnt go to hotel and deprive someone else of their time off to suit myself.

As I've already said, if people don't like working Christmas day, find a profession that doesn't require them to work Christmas day. In every job, there are aspects people won't like, but hey, life goes on, get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

do you think if you don't go to the hotel for dinner they will stay closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Muggins101 wrote: »

I thought I heard something about the absolute doing it but I can’t see anything on their website, might be worth a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Muggins101

''The what? xmas day is for couch, eating too much and watching movies while nomming chocolate, not making hotel workers miss their xmas day to wait on people.''

I understand where you are coming from, and if I was not working for the full 24 hrs I may agree with you. Actually I wouldn't but I still see your point. Anyway, thank you for your input.

To all other boardies, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thank you regarding the Absolute. Unfortunately both they and the Strand are now booked out. The George is only open to residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Try the Woodlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Culleeo wrote: »

I can think of better things to be doing besides working on a day better spent with the family and if a hotel is opening that day then how could you say or expect anything normal about the cost?

Will do 9am, thanks

Advertisement