Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOTS beta keys with Amazon preorder

Options
  • 02-12-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Had pre-ordered on amazon and woke up to a beta key from them this morning. Nice surprise!

Anyway limited availability on both the standard and collectors edition its saying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Hey did you order from Amazon.com??

When did you place the order?

Wow i just ordered on amazon.com for 79$. The beta code was delivered instantly and I cancelled the order.

#scumbag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hah sneaky. Ordered on 20th Nov myself from the .co.uk it wasn't on the offer at the time if I recall.

Only logged in yesterday think it was just 1v1 available.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

RichieD wrote: »
    Wow i just ordered on amazon.com for 79$. The beta code was delivered instantly and I cancelled the order.

#scumbag :)

Genius. Just did that myself. :p

Feel a bit mean coz I'm gaming the system but to be honest, I would prefer to buy the digital version and just download it than have to wait days or weeks for the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Kirby wrote: »
    Genius. Just did that myself. :p

Feel a bit mean coz I'm gaming the system but to be honest, I would prefer to buy the digital version and just download it than have to wait days or weeks for the post.

Meh, its only a beta key not something of any real value, Blizzard don't care the deal with GameStop and Amazon is just a way to promote pre-orders for those companies and to stop a flood of beta users.

• Advertisement

Zombrex wrote: »
    Meh, its only a beta key not something of any real value, Blizzard don't care the deal with GameStop and Amazon is just a way to promote pre-orders for those companies and to stop a flood of beta users.

No value??

You can play HOTS for free for 4 months, before its even released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

RichieD wrote: »
    No value??

You can play HOTS for free for 4 months, before its even released

Yeah but Blizzard want you to do that, they need people to test the game. You are basically unpaid testers. The certainly don't view it as some sort of piracy or stealing of the game.

Advertisement