Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue of the Night: Irish radio at its finest

Options
  • 02-12-2012 1:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

This has to be the finest music programme on Irish radio. I rarely listen to radio after I leave the car so I rarely listen to it at night. I just dropped out in the car and turned on LyricFM and it was sublime. They played a version of 'Both Sides Now' which I had never heard (it wasn't the Clannad/Paul Young version). Lovely stuff. Because there's so little talking I'll have to check the playlist later to find the name. Then they played a famous tune in Spanish guitar and I was wrecking my head trying to find out what it was. 'Piano Sonato No. 14'! Refreshingly different.

The presenter finally said something. His name, Éamonn Lenihan, and this: "That time of the night when I'm mindful that less talk equals more music". (Would that a certain waffler on LyricFM every weekday morning could have this as his philosophy. We can dream. )

Congratulations LyricFM on creating a very fine programme.

Advertisement