Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8 For College Students.

Options
  • 01-12-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

Simply go Here, find your college, sign in with your college account and enjoy.

Select the third tab, the one entitled:

3. More Software Through Your School

https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Not quite. Unless you're content using Windows Server versions as a desktop, your institution needs to have a Dreamspark Premium subscription, an account can then be set up for you. Unless you're a STEM student, forget it.

And despite my college having a Dreamspark Premium sub, and myself doing a Software masters, I still haven't gotten access yet :( That's probably my college being irritating about the whole thing.

Link to check Dreamspark Premium subscription status for your school: https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx (pick tab 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Not quite. Unless you're content using Windows Server versions as a desktop, your institution needs to have a Dreamspark Premium subscription, an account can then be set up for you. Unless you're a STEM student, forget it.

And despite my college having a Dreamspark Premium sub, and myself doing a Software masters, I still haven't gotten access yet :( That's probably my college being irritating about the whole thing.

Link to check Dreamspark Premium subscription status for your school: https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx (pick tab 3)

Yeah, sorry, should have been clearer that you need to select that particular tab, thanks. :D

Here's a screenshot if you have any doubts about if it's the correct Windows 8 :)

win8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Has anybody in a UCD undergrad course been able to get this working?

Also, is this a 2 year licecne only?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

jumbone wrote: »
    Has anybody in a UCD undergrad course been able to get this working?

Also, is this a 2 year licecne only?

The Dreamspark licences are perpetual, as far as I know - the 2 years/24 months mentioned is for access to your download and installation key.

That said, since the Technet subscription terms changed recently (just as I was thinking it would be worth the annual punt of a couple of hundred pounds :mad:) it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see the Dreamspark terms change soon to some time-limited form...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

None of my regional 3rd levels are part of this program of course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement