Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual/Unique Restaurants in Dublin?

Options
  • 01-12-2012 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Can anyone recommend any unusual or unique restaurants in Dublin?

It can be in any price range.

Can also be any type of food.
    Open to any suggestions!

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Maybe the Teppan Yaki in Yo Thai certainly different and I found the food to be very nice aswell.

Its located in Mount Merrion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

The Chameleon (Indonesian) in Temple Bar, especially the upstairs room where it is all low seating on cushions. They have a set priced tasting menu per person and if you're in a group then dozens and dozens of small dishing come out for sharing.

Also Little Jerusalem in Rathmines, which has delicious Middle Eastern cuisine. It is also BYO so you can splash out on a really special bottle of wine in a supermarket and drink it there for free. It is also one of the few restaurants in Dublin that you can drink alcohol in on a Good Friday - they can do this as the law prohibits the sale of alcohol but not the consumption of it. As they are BYO they are not selling it. Its become a bit of a tradition for me and a few friends to meet there on Good Fridays, we stock up on wine the night before and then toast the death of Christ with a few bottles of wine and a kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JK04

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i suppose you could call the epicurian foodhall on liffey street/middle abbey street unique. it has lots of different cafes all under one roof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I'd recommend "Foam" on strand street in the italian quarter.
    More of a café restaurant but it has very interesting décor in the place. Very quirky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

MV Cill Airne towards the Point is unusual in that it's on a ship. Ate there recently, food was fantastic. They have an over 18s only policy for safety reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

El Bahia has a room done up in the style of a Moroccan tent. Sounds better than I describe it :P
    http://www.bookit.ie/get_image.php?table=restaurants&field=restaurant_image&object_id=110&blank=1

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

hmmm wrote: »
    El Bahia has a room done up in the style of a Moroccan tent. Sounds better than I describe it :P
    http://www.bookit.ie/get_image.php?table=restaurants&field=restaurant_image&object_id=110&blank=1

Lovely food, lovely staff and ill be in the room this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Chai Yo on Baggot St, Teppenyaki style food and entertainment (really cheesy guitar playing and singing!).

The food is really good (I like Japanese style cooking anyway), and its fun and a bit different, you'd be entertained anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

La Peniche is a barge that runs a few locks down the Grand Canal and back during the dinner service. I thought the food was pretty decent too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Chai Yo on Baggot St, Teppenyaki style food and entertainment (really cheesy guitar playing and singing!).

The food is really good (I like Japanese style cooking anyway), and its fun and a bit different, you'd be entertained anyway.

+1 You've never lived till you've had a bunch of men sing Celine Dion's The Power of Love... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

+1 for Chameleon...make sure to request one of the low tables on booking. The food is fab, and it's lovely to be able to lounge around on the cushions with a full belly
    Dada on South William Street is worth checking out too...Moroccan decor and food. The tagines are gorgeous, especially the chicken and pear

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Mongolian Bbq in Temple Bar well worth a visit, pick out all your own veg noodles meat spices and sauces as much or as little as you like, and chef cooks infront of you, great spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

BeerNut wrote: »
    La Peniche is a barge that runs a few locks down the Grand Canal and back during the dinner service. I thought the food was pretty decent too.

Went there for a Good Friday dinner this year (they can serve alcohol because they're on the water) and found the food to be excellent. Also the staff were really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JK04

Nice one! Some great recommendations, been checking out the places and these are exactly the kind of places I'm looking for. Gonna be tough to pick a place, looking towards The Chameleon, Chai Yo and El Bahia at the minute.

Advertisement