Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New hse uniforms

Options
  • 30-11-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Anyone seen the New ambulances service uniforms yet. what they like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Yes got mine today. They're grand apart from epaulettes, patch on the sleeve is gone too......kinda miss it, looked professional.
    EMT epaulettes - Green
    Paramedic epaulettes - Navy (nearly black)
    AP epaulettes - Bright yellow!!!!!
    Controller -red

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Trainees still light blue?

flazio wrote: »
    Trainees still light blue?

Yeah, they are

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

antichrist wrote: »
    Yes got mine today. They're grand apart from epaulettes, patch on the sleeve is gone too......kinda miss it, looked professional.
    EMT epaulettes - Green
    Paramedic epaulettes - Navy (nearly black)
    AP epaulettes - Bright yellow!!!!!
    Controller -red

Seem to be going the way of the PHECC card colours. How silly do the yellow ones look?

BX 19 wrote: »

Seem to be going the way of the PHECC card colours. How silly do the yellow ones look?
    Have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

antichrist wrote: »
    Have a look

They're not too bad actually. I would have thought yellow would look a bit odd on a uniform, but, I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ambo112

Overall not the best :-(

All hi-viz is good, boots good, accessories good, shirt - Far to big fitting!!! They must think we are all obese!!! Trousers are not the right size/cut as marked - far to tight.

The trousers are actually trade workwear trousers not tailored for Ambulance at all, stright off the shelf. Rubbish!! Only one combat pocket.

After years of gaining qualifications with PHECC/UCD etc the NAS has decided not to identify the staff as EMT/paramedic/AP in writing, not one single piece of uniform has it shown unless the public know the colouring system.

Disgraceful. Why dont they just send out a survey monkey on uniforms to the entire country and leave us all have our vote, they wont need any work except to design the survey. No more meetings/committees, give the people using the gear the decision!!!

ambo112 wrote: »
    Overall not the best :-(

All hi-viz is good, boots good, accessories good, shirt - Far to big fitting!!! They must think we are all obese!!! Trousers are not the right size/cut as marked - far to tight.

The trousers are actually trade workwear trousers not tailored for Ambulance at all, stright off the shelf. Rubbish!! Only one combat pocket.

After years of gaining qualifications with PHECC/UCD etc the NAS has decided not to identify the staff as EMT/paramedic/AP in writing, not one single piece of uniform has it shown unless the public know the colouring system.

Disgraceful. Why dont they just send out a survey monkey on uniforms to the entire country and leave us all have our vote, they wont need any work except to design the survey. No more meetings/committees, give the people using the gear the decision!!!

I do think we should have our qualification on the uniforms, or at least our qualification patch on the sleeve but from what I hear the cost of embroidery was far greater than the shirts themselves and cuts need to be made.

They could have been worse! That said....I'm not sold on the new epaullettes

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

first off the bat im not a parmedic or advanced paramedic or even a EMT yet so i am coming from a diffrent place than someone who spent many years earning a qualification but most members of the public dont know the diffrence between a EMT and a paramedic, advanced paramedic putting them on uniforms would mean nothing to most people.

i voulenteer with the order of malta and i regulary get addressed as doctor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

i voulenteer with the order of malta and i regulary get addressed as doctor :eek:
    You don't happen to look like any of these gentlemen do you?
    Versions_of_the_Doctor.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

first off the bat im not a parmedic or advanced paramedic or even a EMT yet so i am coming from a diffrent place than someone who spent many years earning a qualification but most members of the public dont know the diffrence between a EMT and a paramedic, advanced paramedic putting them on uniforms would mean nothing to most people.

But people see the words EMT, paramedic, Advanced paramedic or whatever on the jacket and immediately know what kind of job they do, they know they're the ambulance or somebody that can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

But people see the words EMT, paramedic, Advanced paramedic or whatever on the jacket and immediately know what kind of job they do, they know they're the ambulance or somebody that can help.

Hi-viz and shirt have National Ambulance Service on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

One will be driving...there's a driver!

Advertisement