Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Janty MiD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

seems like an incredible load of faff to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Hmm.. just reading about the eVic as well. Seems like a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Both seem a bit crap to be honest. I would rather they improve Carto / Clearo tech as this is were the most improvements are needed.

yeah but cartos/clearos are alot easier to make and due to their nature people will buy a ****load more of them compared to a mod where people might, might.. buy two or three if it's cheap enough and absolutely amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

yeah but cartos/clearos are alot easier to make and due to their nature people will buy a ****load more of them compared to a mod where people might, might.. buy two or three if it's cheap enough and absolutely amazing

Precisely. Why make the disposable, repeat-buy option better?

Makes no sense. People are used to the 4-6 day replacement routine. Why ruin a good thing?

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    Precisely. Why make the disposable, repeat-buy option better?

Makes no sense. People are used to the 4-6 day replacement routine. Why ruin a good thing?

Tell that to provari who are charge nearly 10 times the price of a twist...

The could easily make a high quality tank with easy changable wicks and charge you for a blister pack of wicks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I think people are missing the point of this, we need cheap semi-disposable stuff to make it affordable to people, not everyone wants to spend €100 on a tank/atty when they are just starting off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    Tell that to provari who are charge nearly 10 times the price of a twist...

Yes but once you have bought a Provari, you only need to change batteries probably as often as you need to replace your twist battery. Replacement batteries for my Provari = €4.5. Twist battery = €20, you want 3 new twists in 6 months time when their duds = €60 as opposed to €13.5 for 3 Provari batteries.

Yes it might take a while to make up the original outlay but hey the Provari is top quality and I wouldn't have bought if I hadn't saved the money from being off fags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

To be fair to the Twists though, they are a decent battery as well. I have a few of them and they are real workhorses. Handy that they charge from laptops, cars and plugs directly too. Simple but effective and pretty discreet too cos they're pretty small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

€85 on pre-order, €99.95 RRP.
    With an upgrade to be bought to expand it's capabilities.

I'm not sure why I'd want to change the style/tone/hit of the vape mid-vape.

Is this a problem someone has mentioned before?

The software and social community element reminds me of the Reaktor/Max/Max for Live communities, but I can understand why people want modular music-making tools - creating devices to suit needs or to randomise musical events.
    Why would people want a randomised vape after years of everybody demanding consistent vapes?

I might not be thinking clearly and this is the device everybody's been gagging for. Who knows?

*twiddles knob on TH mod for the evening to experience the future of vaping*

• Advertisement

kiffy wrote: »
    Yes but once you have bought a Provari, you only need to change batteries probably as often as you need to replace your twist battery. Replacement batteries for my Provari = €4.5. Twist battery = €20, you want 3 new twists in 6 months time when their duds = €60 as opposed to €13.5 for 3 Provari batteries.

Yes it might take a while to make up the original outlay but hey the Provari is top quality and I wouldn't have bought if I hadn't saved the money from being off fags.

Preaching to the choir mate :)

To be fair to the Twists though, they are a decent battery as well. I have a few of them and they are real workhorses. Handy that they charge from laptops, cars and plugs directly too. Simple but effective and pretty discreet too cos they're pretty small.

I agree, I don't plan on throwing out my ego's I have two mini batteries for situations of stealth, the ego's are fine. I can understand them and the bigger mod's like provari, lavatube but I just don't 'Get' the MiD

i guess we'll have to wait until reviewers get a hold of it and consumers start playing around with it. we'll probably have a better idea of what it is six months into release

still think it's largely unneccesary though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

grindle wrote: »
    I'm not sure why I'd want to change the style/tone/hit of the vape mid-vape.

*twiddles knob on TH mod for the evening to experience the future of vaping*

I did this with a twist for the craic, now I think about it, what would be cool is to start with a high voltage just on the edge of burning to get a nice warm kick and then lower it before it does burn for the rest of the draw.

Hmmm, I am interested.....Extreme vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 evanmarko

looks top notch, seems the vaping scene is taking a turn towards the hi-tech road!
    im game :D

Advertisement