Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc/Merlot was €12.19 now €7 in Superquinn

Options
  • 30-11-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of this wine from New Zealand, it usually retails for €11.99 in Tesco and €12.19 in Superquinn. I picked up a couple of cases for Christmas and to give as gifts.

Superquinn have it on special offer for €7 (until December 4th).

Tesco have it on offer for €9.

Both Tesco and Superquinn give you a further 5% off if you purchase six bottles at a time.

Reducing the price per bottle to €6.65 (Superquinn) and €8.55 (Tesco)

Merlot

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Sauvignon Blanc

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭troops

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of this wine from New Zealand, it usually retails for €11.99 in Tesco and €12.19 in Superquinn. I picked up a couple of cases for Christmas and to give as gifts.

Superquinn have it on special offer for €7 (until December 4th).

Tesco have it on offer for €9.

Both Tesco and Superquinn give you a further 5% off if you purchase six bottles at a time.

Reducing the price per bottle to €6.65 (Superquinn) and €8.55 (Tesco)

Merlot

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Sauvignon Blanc

IDShot_225x225.jpg

25% off in tesco for 6 bottles making 6.75/bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

troops wrote: »
    25% off in tesco for 6 bottles making 6.75/bottle
    Thanks for that, it is usually 5% off in Tesco when you buy six bottles but they are offering 25% off at moment. Not sure how long they plan on offering it.

Superquinn is ever so slightly cheaper but Tesco is probably more convenient for most people.

Edit: Tesco are offering 25% off six bottles up to 11/12/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Superquinn stopped this deal as of from yesterday,it's back up to full price...rats

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Tesco are doing this deal at moment but not for too much longer, there will be an extra €1 in excise duty from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tesco are doing this deal at moment but not for too much longer, there will be an extra €1 in excise duty from midnight.

An extra €1.23 as you need to add 21% to the €1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

It was bedlam when went up there, it was unreal! You would think the world was running out of wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭troops

Beer Baron wrote: »

I believe the €1 increase is vat inclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

troops wrote: »

I believe the €1 increase is vat inclusive
    Ah no its not
    From the Irish Times, comment from
    Essomeric
    There we are! €1 on top the €1.965 = €2.965 duty!!! Include 23% VAT. A bottle at €7 means €4.27 in tax on a bottle. Until, midnight tonight I am an independent wine retailer in a dying sector. 50,000 jobs have already been lost. The late Brian Lenihan had brought back the duty to manageable levels after increasing

• Registered Users Posts: 64,840 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Beer Baron wrote: »

The VAT is included in the duty increase. Total increase is only €1. And your maths suck! :p

All current stock can be sold at old prices. The higher duty only comes in when the retailer buys new stock. Could be in the next few days, could be in the next few weeks or maybe not until next year, depending on the retailer...

Advertisement