Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavis Beacon Touch Typing program

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Just started using this again after 8 or 9 years. Seems straightforward enough but I'm just wondering if anyone else has a similar habit to me when it comes to typing: I tend use only my two index fingers to type rather than utilize all 5 fingers on each hand. I know using only my index fingers is the incorrect way and puts unnecessary strain on my digits but it feels quite weird trying to do it any other way.
    In the last version of MBTT, there was a function that gradually eased you into typing correctly using all 10 fingers but so far, I've yet to find it. Still, I'll keep practicing.
    Just wanted to know if anyone else does the same.
    Also, what's an acceptable word per minute count to list on a CV? Currently, my average is 37-40 WPM which IMO is quite good considering I use only 2 fingers to type with. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I wouldn't list a number. No one hires on the basis of typing speed now, it's about your grasp of technology, not how fast you can type.

Advertisement