Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for panel beater in Tallaght/Clondalkin area...

Options
  • 30-11-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    I got a scratch/dent on my car and was wondering if someone could recommend a panel beater in Tallagh/Clondalkin area. I tried the dealer and they are ridiculously expensive, quoted me ten times of what I'd hoped.

I'll pay out of my pocket as I scraped on a stupid foot high fancy pavement corner but don't blame it for any foul play:p... and no I wasn't drunk, had a really bad back and a stiff kneck.

I've contacted dents-away folks but they want me to bring my car all the way up to Dundulk to their workshop which isn't ideal :(

Please advise.
    Thanks a mil,
    Jay

PICS:
    Dent1.jpg
    Dent2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

What were you quoted out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

10 times as much as he hoped for. I'd say about €2,000? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Try Car Cosmetix, I haven't used them myself but have heard good things about them and they'll come to you.

486195_301584069952352_132379703_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jRoy

unkel wrote: »
    10 times as much as he hoped for. I'd say about €2,000? :)

That was close but they asked a bit more, like 700 more! I am not going to spend more that €300 for that and if its unrealistic, I'll get a wooden mallet and a can of paint, at least it won't rust. I love my car, even with that scar and I like to be hands on :p

I've already been quoted between €400 and €500 and I am waiting for some more feedbacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

It's about €1000 to do that job right in my opinion. You'll get it done much cheaper but the quality of work won't be up to standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Agree with Drummer there. There's three affected panels (well two and the skirt), that means all three need attention and proper blending of not full respray as well as damage correction.

One thing I'd never do is skimp on any paintwork jobs, you will only regret it down the line.

I can't get it fixed then :( it needs new tyres, that's a big expense already. Thanks for the insights though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Could always get a second hand door and skirt in the right colour and just get the arch done when youve the money. :)

Now why didn't I think of that... Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Try TG Autobody Repair on Commons Road, Clondalkin very reasonable priced and does some top quality work has done work on my car and a few friends, recently sent my cousin to him who got quoted three grand by one place and they done it for 1500 and cousin couldnt have been happier with the work.

Cant recommend them enough.

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    Agree with Drummer there. There's three affected panels (well two and the skirt), that means all three need attention and proper blending of not full respray as well as damage correction.

One thing I'd never do is skimp on any paintwork jobs, you will only regret it down the line.

Would I be right in assuming the the front door wil need work done to? So as to blend in the respray on the damaged door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Whelan crash repair behind topaz up the lane way at the end at Newlands cross.

grand work and good price.... always seems to have new cars up there for body repairs

Would I be right in assuming the the front door wil need work done to? So as to blend in the respray on the damaged door.

The front door is untouched... All damage is to the passenger side rear door.

jRoy wrote: »
    The front door is untouched... All damage is to the passenger side rear door.

Ah yeh im aware of that but I as far as im aware if they have to do the passenger side rear door they will have to do the front door aswell due to blending and making the car look right again. Im no expert though go for quotes and see what they say.

Advertisement