Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good DVD Ripper

Options
  • 30-11-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good DVD ripper, preferably free

I've tried one or two free ones which seem to have difficulty with some DVDs, and the good ones tend to have trial periods and then charge..

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

DVD ripping is one of those very awkward areas where I don't know if we're allowed to discuss tools with any specificity. Ripping the content from an unprotected disc or image into different formats is fine - where you stumble is the requirement to remove CSS, which is all sorts of Not Allowed. Hence discussing any tools that do it or how to circumvent particular issues may not be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-copy.htm This is what I used to back up my DVD's to a hardrive.

Advertisement