Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE10: Here we go again(?)

Options
  • 30-11-2012 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭

Well, as Microsoft seems to have put out this rather adorable little viral marketing campaign to push the fact that they've been trying really hard to rebrand the software - even going so far as to rebuild the code from the ground up - I decided to give my IE10 a shake and a stir, and I actually can vouch for it being a far field faster than Firefox 16 (and mother of god, when did Firefox sneak a dozen new versions past me, and more importantly Why?). Of course that's to be expected when your program is designed for your OS, and is also got a leg up on hardware acceleration.

Of course I still lament the lack of an adblock program (Haven't yet looked too hard though) but the responsiveness is worth the try-out, and the way it handles crashes is enough to make me forgive that it can crash at all.

Have you tried the new IE yet?

And before the "IE SUCKS" crowd gets here:

Yes, they have the web standard for karaoke available to view at that URL
    That's a Microsoft mouse he is using. Not much of a hater that guy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You're right, at one stage ladas were very unpopular whereas now...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Overheal wrote: »
    That's a Microsoft mouse he is using. Not much of a hater that guy.
    Looks like a Sidewinder X4 keyboard also :)

Have to hand it to MS, that's a great ad. Craftily self deprecating, but I feel I'm inclined to check it out IE10 now. Chrome will still be there if I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I get really annoyed at people that complain about IE when they have no idea what they are talking about - like they haven't used it since IE 6 or they just go on popular opinion and memes. Since IE 8 anyone worth their salt knows that it's been a perfectly comparable browser. Since then, they've taken all the best bits out of Chrome and Firefox and made something pretty nice. At this stage though they are all basically identical.

I do find that some (very few) sites might not display correctly in IE10, for which you need to hit the compatibility button. And of course WebGL still has not been implemented so there's still work to be done.

Advertisement