Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capes

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

What do you's think of Capes?

Particularly this one
    http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=rsawn301

Do you think it'd be wearable for more than one season?? Or that it wouldnt be very practical at all??

Also has anyone has seem them for cheaper anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I bought one in an independent shop last year. It was a cheap thing for fourty or fifty euros but it turned out to be one of better buys since I could wear also through th pregnancy this year. I would go for asimetrical one unless you are very skinny and tall.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Froggy123 wrote: »
    What do you's think of Capes?

Particularly this one
    http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=rsawn301

Do you think it'd be wearable for more than one season?? Or that it wouldnt be very practical at all??

Also has anyone has seem them for cheaper anywhere else?

God, that American Apparel outfit looks like a slightly jazzy Peig Sayers get-up.

I think they have potential, but I think they'd be tricky to pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

My friend has the navy cape and it looks wonderful on her, very versatile!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love capes! I think they look very smart with trousers, but you'd need to be careful with a dress or skirt, especially if it was a full skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I love this cape from Oasis - but how practical are they really? I'm not sure. Are they warm? I would love this for Christmas.

Screen+shot+2012-09-05+at+23.52.20.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I have a navy one with a fur trim hood from last year that I LOVE. Wear it all the time, works especially well with skinnies and boots/heels. As Twee. Said though I'd be apprehensive about wearing it with anything full on the bottom as they're fairly full on top as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have one from New Look, I dont wear it often but I discovered I cant drive wearing it! THe holes are too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Froggy123

Hmm i went into the shop and tried it on and it was very nice! Thought it would be around 130euros as per the US $ price....(should have known they weren't comparable)...Twas actually 170 euros in the shop...For that price, will have to think about it a bit more!!

Who knows it might be in the sale?! Has anybody ever ordered from the american apparel website?

The one in american apparel is very warm, and v. nice with a belt as per one of the pictures on the website....Makes it look a bit more fitted, which is nice as an alternative way to wear it!! Seems quite adaptable:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonnie1810

Advertisement