Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurants in Castleknock Area

Options
  • 29-11-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey,

Heading to Dublin this weekend staying in Castleknock area, can any recommend a good steakhouse, chinese or indian restaurant in the area. Price isn't an issue just looking for a top notch meal out:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Maybe have a look here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70121014

Steakhouse - Brasserie 15
    Chinese - Wong's
    Indian - Okra Green

All within 2 minutes of each other and Myos pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hey,

Heading to Dublin this weekend staying in Castleknock area, can any recommend a good steakhouse, chinese or indian restaurant in the area. Price isn't an issue just looking for a top notch meal out:)
    Probably too late but the steak in bradys is cracking. Not overly priced either.

dodzy wrote: »
    Probably too late but the steak in bradys is cracking. Not overly priced either.

Is that downstairs or the restaurant upstairs?

• Advertisement

I'd recommend "The Gallery" in Castleknock. Had a great meal there not too long ago, it's well priced too. Has great reviews on trip advisor and menu pages aswell. It's above Brady's pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

had a beautiful meal in The Gallery Thursday and very well priced. under €80 for 2 bottles of wine and 3 course meal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

amtc wrote: »
    had a beautiful meal in The Gallery Thursday and very well priced. under €80 for 2 bottles of wine and 3 course meal,

Would you need to book a table in the gallery or can you walk in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

+1 on Okra and the Gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

The Park Restaurant in Castleknock Hotel does some really lovely quality steak, they have an early bird and what they call a 'Wine & Dine' menu which are good value. The nicest steak I've had in D15 in all my years living here was in there and the service is really good, polite and friendly.

http://www.castleknockhotel.com/the-park-restaurant.html

Also I can't remember the name of it >.< but the chinese in Castleknock Village above the shops is lovely (door way by the bus stop) I haven't eaten there in a while (the Aurora in Tyrellstown has spoiled us for all over chinese in the D15 area) but the warm atmosphere and lovely service stand out in my mind still.

• Advertisement

KGLady wrote: »
    The Park Restaurant in Castleknock Hotel does some really lovely quality steak, they have an early bird and what they call a 'Wine & Dine' menu which are good value. The nicest steak I've had in D15 in all my years living here was in there and the service is really good, polite and friendly.

http://www.castleknockhotel.com/the-park-restaurant.html

Also I can't remember the name of it >.< but the chinese in Castleknock Village above the shops is lovely (door way by the bus stop) I haven't eaten there in a while (the Aurora in Tyrellstown has spoiled us for all over chinese in the D15 area) but the warm atmosphere and lovely service stand out in my mind still.

The Mandarin Castle is lovely and often forgotten as it is there so long and is not on ground level.
    Thanks for reminding me I'm well due a visit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sacramento wrote: »
    I'd recommend "The Gallery" in Castleknock. Had a great meal there not too long ago, it's well priced too. Has great reviews on trip advisor and menu pages aswell. It's above Brady's pub.

Didn't this used to be the Indian restaurant Poppadom, which sadly closed? I must try it out.

I would also vouch for Brasserie 15 and Okra. I find Wong's to be very pricey for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yeah, the gallery is above Bradys and used to be the India (mind you I remember it as SCotts)

Some friends went there for the early bird yesterday - Ph 821 28 28

I accidentally went into the Italian over Superquinn recently (Maximilian) and that was lovely too (again old enough to remember it as Sgt Peppers)

And was also in Browns in Blanchardstown, and they have the most hysterical group that play. It was a great night.

amtc wrote: »
    Yeah, the gallery is above Bradys and used to be the India (mind you I remember it as SCotts)

Some friends went there for the early bird yesterday - Ph 821 28 28

I accidentally went into the Italian over Superquinn recently (Maximilian) and that was lovely too (again old enough to remember it as Sgt Peppers)

And was also in Browns in Blanchardstown, and they have the most hysterical group that play. It was a great night.

Wasn't Scotts great, A lovely open feeling as you walked in.

Nice classy feel to the place, was there most Sundays bringing the folks out for dinner, don't like Brady's at all.

Advertisement