Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft on nexus 7 ?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Sorry if this seems a stupid question , but we have bought our son a nexus 7 32gb for Xmas , he plays minecraft on our old laptop , will he be able to play minecraft on new tablet , don't mind buying the minecraft game again , the old laptop crashes when he plays and he says its different on the I pod and not as good .

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Android version is a different game and will have to be purchased separately. It doesn't have all the same features as the PC version, but it has the core of the game very much intact. Good thing is it'll run really well on the Nexus and crashing shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 M.Hughes

Thanks for reply , would it be the same version as what's on the iPod ? Or better ? And just not as good as what's on the laptop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

M.Hughes wrote: »
    Thanks for reply , would it be the same version as what's on the iPod ? Or better ? And just not as good as what's on the laptop ?

I would compare minecraft on a portable device to minecraft on the pc 2 years ago. It is missing allot of the features the PC version has but it is still pretty fun to play. You can still build and can still kill zombies.

The IOS and android versions are developed beside each other so I think they will have the exact same features.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

As much as i want to say that your son will like the tablet version i dont think he will.

The Pocket version of Minecraft is the same across android and IOs , your son saying he doesn't like it on ipod means he's not going to like it on android.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My son first played MC back in beta days on his PC, hes since moved on to xbox as his friends are on there but even going from PC to xbox hes not overly happy,the pocket edition is pretty poor tbh.
    I have it on my nexus 7 and needless to say its never played,the controls are just clunky,painfully slow and just plain awkward.

Minecraft is best played on PC then laptop then xbox 360, the pocket version doesnt do the game justice at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement