Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this machine for?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I haven't posted here in awhile.

I bought the following machine with the thought that I would use the motor and control box for my lurem planer (c410, if anyone has one of those planers i'd be interested in seeing how the drive is set up).

But having looked at the effort that went into making it, it seems a shame to pull it apart, the guy I bought it from did not know what it was for.

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

Anybody know what it does, its got a three phase motor, is it worth anything complete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Looks like its a hinge boring machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Great for boring long pieces like newel posts for a dowel joint.
    I might be interested in buying it off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

galwayrush wrote: »
    Great for boring long pieces like newel posts for a dowel joint.

I didn't think of that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭selfdiy

Thanks for the replies lads, if ye were to give it a name what would I put on it.

Would "Newel Post borer" advertise it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

looks like a pillar drill mounted horizontal in a home made frame .like the lads say ideal for drilling hole for newel posts

• Advertisement
Advertisement