Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

framing

Options
  • 29-11-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

does anybody on here know were il get a decent but cheap enough photo frame in limerick ,its a pretty big photo around 2 feet by 1 foot ,thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Allens, Guineys or maybe one of the "Euro2" shops - all on William St. if you're price conscious. I remember Roches Stores used to carry a good selection so assuming that, then the top floor of Debenhams might be worth checking out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 redhead33

thank you europa11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

If you can pick up a frame that you like thats larger then the photo, bring it and the photo to the Framers on Thomas St. and he could cut a mount for you for it to measure for about €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

The Snipe wrote: »
    If you can pick up a frame that you like thats larger then the photo, bring it and the photo to the Framers on Thomas St. and he could cut a mount for you for it to measure for about €5.

That's a great idea. Far cheaper than getting a frame made to suit a picture. I'm a designer and always advise that a client buys the frame first and I'll scan or print to the size. Never thought of this solution! Silly me...

I always buy my frames in homestore plus more, heatons or Atlantic (now shut). Woodies should carry similar stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

My daughter needed her cross-stitch to be put in a frame for the exams project. Off to homestore and more and bought a nice picture. Took what they considered to be art out of it. Kept the mount (JIC) and brought the whole lot over to the lad in the frame shop in the little centre opposite Superquin. He cut out a new mount to fit the cross-stitch perfectly and put it all back together again. Looked very professional. Cost me €12 for the picture and he only charged €5. Nicer lad ya couldn't meet. Very professional too.

Hope he gets your business - he does a great job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement