Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis breakfast recommendations?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

For those that are less inclined to arise on a Saturday\Sunday morning and fend for themselves, where is the best place now in Ennis for a full Irish breakfast?

I heard the Grove is now doing breakfast, but haven't been there yet. Peppermill would be a breakfast I've tried a few times, but can be a bit dry (althought still nice).

Any other places?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Personally I'd just head out to the Peppermill, I've never had a bad breakfast out there. I've heard great things about the cafe on Summer Hill as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BobLoblaw77

Thanks Clareman\MrsD007.. Appreciate the quick response.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Clareman wrote: »
    Personally I'd just head out to the Peppermill, I've never had a bad breakfast out there. I've heard great things about the cafe on Summer Hill as well though.

second

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

mother of god!is this what is engaging the minds of clare people at the moment:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

the market always for me. Central Too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Pilate, We all have to eat and breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

An old Home Economics teacher of mine used always say ......

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Cafe Aroma, best in town, €8 and change

577471_10150647423511841_1040773418_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

pilate 1 wrote: »
    mother of god!is this what is engaging the minds of clare people at the moment:(

At this precise moment, yes! Though porridge eaten while standing up in the kitchen is more likely than a fry out somewhere. It would be at Souper on Merchant's Square if I could.

There are cafes all over Ennis, most of them nice enough, and most of them almost empty for large parts of the day. There just isn't the population with ready cash to keep them all going but they still keep increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BobLoblaw77

CptSternn.. that's a breakfast fit for a king.. Or a hungover fool. You've sold it to me. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

i know its not really what you're looking for but I had breakfast today at the tea rooms in Quin. Big bowl of porridge with maple syrup and cream on the side mmmmmmm. Gorgeous on a winter morning if you're not looking for the hungover full Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Im a sucker for the builder's breakie in the Sherwood.....nom nom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

CptSternn wrote: »
    Cafe Aroma, best in town, €8 and change

577471_10150647423511841_1040773418_n.jpg

A heart attack waiting to happen!

Advertisement