Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Mac OSX?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi guys, I have a 2007 MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo with 4GB of ram and I'm running Snow Leopard. I have been reluctant to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion in case it affected performance or was slower than Snow Leopard, even though I would like to upgrade.

Does anyone know what the optimum OS would be for my machine or does anyone have any experience with Lion or Mountain Lion on a similar machine?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Digidol wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a 2007 MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo with 4GB of ram and I'm running Snow Leopard. I have been reluctant to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion in case it affected performance or was slower than Snow Leopard, even though I would like to upgrade.

Does anyone know what the optimum OS would be for my machine or does anyone have any experience with Lion or Mountain Lion on a similar machine?

I have a mid 2007 iMac, 2ghz Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM.

I'm running Mountain Lion without issue and its as good as Snow Leopard.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

faceman wrote: »
    I have a mid 2007 iMac, 2ghz Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM.

I'm running Mountain Lion without issue and its as good as Snow Leopard.

Really? Well that's good to hear! Thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

One thing to check before making the move from S/L to Lion or M/Lion is that you don't have any power PC apps on your system.

As Apple dropped the Rosetta support in Lion, they will no longer work.

I've been pondering the same move myself, but I still have a couple of PPC dependent apps I use, plus where I live it would probably take a day and a half to download M/L!

Advertisement