Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI lost my documentation

Options
  • 29-11-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I applied for the grant in July. Have since received letters on two occassions from SUSI, most recently this morning. They keep requesting further documentation, all of which they already have.

They want proof of my residency in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years, I already gave them 5 years worth of bank statements.
    They want proof of my holiday earnings, I already sent them a P45, a P21 and all of my wage slips for that year.
    They want proof of previous college education, they already have a stamped letter from Nuig stating I attended and did not complete a course in 2009 and from gmit stating I attended last year and am continuing with the course.

Are these people complete idiots? Can they read English? Is there somewhere I can contact them other than email (which took them 4 weeks to respond to last time I emailed - very professional), or phone at 0761 08 7874 where they refuse to tell me anything other than it's 'being processed'?

I'm genuinely furious at being treated like this and now it looks like I'm going to have to shoulder this financial strain through the Christmas holidays, really helps with the exam stress.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TRatKings

Did they actually loose your documentation, or did you provide insufficient documentation? Big difference there dude.

They want proof of previous college education, they already have a stamped letter from Nuig stating I attended and did not complete a course in 2009 and from gmit stating I attended last year and am continuing with the course

Did you include last years exam results from GMIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

I have provided them with everything they need, with multiple documents in most areas they only ask for one. They originally sent me a list (as I'm sure everyone got) following my initial application, showing the documentation they needed from me. I adhered to this list 100% and sent everyhting on it.

I can't prove they lost anything although I do have a record of everything sent away and of times and dates of phone conversations and the names of the reps spoken to.
    If they didn't lose it though, then why would they ask for it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TRatKings

Because some of it might not have been supplied. They're having problems with people sending in the first page of a P60 for example, and not the second page, things like that.

According to the Top 10 reasons on the SUSI Website a few issue pop up:

Residency:
    Bank statements without date of issue are being submitted

Proof of residence must be provided for both a start and finish date e.g. October 2011 to August
    2012. Evidence is often provided for only one date and not sufficient to cover the entire period
    required.

Evidence of previous education
    Examination results are being omitted

For this SUSI requires:

• a letter from a college or institution confirming attendance

• a copy of the award received if the applicant completed a course

• examination results

These things may or may not affect you. All I'm saying is rather than getting caught in a loop of posting documentation, contact them and ask exactly what the problem is, down to the actual documentation you provided.

Advertisement