Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ego twist dead?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

hi.
    I already know the answer and am just posting to verify the battery is shot.

I have a ego twist battery and it ran out of juice so i went to charge it and the charger just shows a green lite saying it is charged.

cleaned the connections on the battery and all 3 chargers i have and still says battery is charged even though it blinks empty when i connect cartomizer to it.

I figure it is done but should ask here in case there is something i can do to bring it back to life.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

It might be the lead if you can borrow a spare off someone to try it. Try pulling up the centre pin on the battery gently with a cocktail stick as well to make sure it is connecting with the charger, sometimes they can get pushed down. Be very gentle though as if you pull it up too hard they can snap off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Could be a short, I have one ego battery that refuses to work with anything apart from a ego tank. Plug anything else in and it'll blink like your one.

One way to verify is to test it on a multimeter if you have one or can borrow one.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Would say it's the centre pin as newmark suggested. Common enough issue but easily fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Newmark i believe is spot on with this one. My first 2 ego batteries both had to have their centre post pulled out a small bit when i went to charge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

thanks to every one for replying.

I tried 2 ego chargers and a 510. I also tried raising the center pin. no luck. The center pin is being pushed down by the charger so it is making contact. I think it might have other problems. the light on the button blinks when i touch a screwdriver on the pin and side. none of my other batteries do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement