Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Redmond Court, Dublin 5

Options
  • 29-11-2012 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Morning all!

I'm looking for opinions on Redmond Court in Dublin 5. It backs onto an area that I am thinking about buying a house in. I've Googled it (what did we ever do without the internet :D) but can only find articles about people from the area who've ended up in court!!

Opinions from people who actually know/live in the area would be greatly appreciated! The Google response doesn't look promising but an "on the ground" opinion would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    OTL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im originally from edenmore, which is in D5. the area you mentioned is fine, you have the dart right beside you, the coast 5 minutes walk away, howth up the road and kilbarrack and donaghmede shopping centres a few minutes away. kilbarrack was considered rough years ago but it has totally quietened down now.

dont believe all the news stories about the area, journalism has always had an anti north dublin bias. people always get arrested in dun loghaire/blackrock but very little is reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Out There Looking

Thanks a million for getting back to me! I'm from not too far away myself originally and I totally agree about Kilbarrack having changed over the years.

As for anti-North Dublin bias in the media, couldn't agree more which is why I am trying to source the opinions of people like yourself who actually know the area rather than believing everything I read :) I have a friend who bought an apartment in a totally unrelated area who has spent the last 6 years wishing she had spoken to people in the area first!!

Advertisement