Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Giving This a Go...

Options
  • 28-11-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

So I've been doing some research and I'm thinking of getting the Kanger T3 as I've seen it recommended the most on here as a starter kit.

Is there anything else I should order, refills or whatever? I'd count myself as fairly proficient with technology but reading about this whole thing baffles me! I figured the best way to see if it's for me is just to buy one and give it a go. I don't smoke much but I'd rather not smoke at all so that's my main motivation.

Is the esmokeireland website the best place to to get it? It's 55 euros with the boards discount. How long could I expect the liquids that come with it to last, at light to moderate use?

Great forum by the way and thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

e-smokeireland is the best place to pick up that specific kit.

The 25mls of liquid that comes... Light to moderate use? 10-15 days. About that.

Enough time to pick up extra juice when you notice it running out.

Buy a few replacement heads for the T3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

grindle wrote: »
    e-smokeireland is the best place to pick up that specific kit.

The 25mls of liquid that comes... Light to moderate use? 10-15 days. About that.

Enough time to pick up extra juice when you notice it running out.

Buy a few replacement heads for the T3.

Sorry but when you say heads do you mean clearomisers? Still figuring this stuff out...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the clearomiser itself is the clear plastic tank unit with the atomiser head inside it

you buy replacement heads and switch them around whenever the atomiser head inside the clearomiser needs to be changed

when it will need changing depends on the juice you're using, how often you vape and what level of performance you are willing to accept before you decide it needs changing

Thanks, found it. Would I need 2 replacement heads (so 3 total) or is one enough. Just ordering now. Serious selection of flavours anyway!

Any recommendations for flavours? (wingnuts)

• Advertisement

You'll have three heads if you have an extra one, should be enough for a couple of weeks at least. Just remember that if you use certain flavours on a wick, the taste shall forever be tainted (coffees and mints/menthols always taint the wick).

Juices?
    Sweeeeedish Fiiiiiiiish. So good.

Gummy Bears. Orange Ice-Pop. Honey Tobacco.

Try some House of Liquid juices if you're after some really REALLY good tobacco flavours. Puros Naturales is dayyyyyycennnnt.

grindle wrote: »
    You'll have three heads if you have an extra one, should be enough for a couple of weeks at least. Just remember that if you use certain flavours on a wick, the taste shall forever be tainted (coffees and mints/menthols always taint the wick).

Juices?
    Sweeeeedish Fiiiiiiiish. So good.

Gummy Bears. Orange Ice-Pop. Honey Tobacco.

Try some House of Liquid juices if you're after some really REALLY good tobacco flavours. Puros Naturales is dayyyyyycennnnt.

I bought 2 extra heads and a tobacco from mom and pops which I just picked randomnly to get the total up so I could get free shipping, something mist.

Got the orange ice pop one I think, was gona get gummy bears. Sorry I didn't now:pac:

Well that's it done, not really sure what to expect but I'll give it a go.

If you pick collect as your delivery option where can you pick it up from? Might be handy in future.

palmerstown somewherre

adress is on the website

I think they're in Palmerstown?

Edit: Sir Nimble-Finger Caesar strikes again.

How long do they usually take to deliver? Doesn't mention in the email

• Advertisement

well it's in ireland so usually next day unless an post **** up, so friday for you

Nice, it'd be good to have it for the weekend. Although I'm going away so may not be the best idea to bring it, I'd probably lose it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Hi Ricky! I have some Gummy Bears if you'd like it? Are you in Dublin to meet or should I post it?

Hi Ricky! I have some Gummy Bears if you'd like it? Are you in Dublin to meet or should I post it?

Thanks for the offer, I see you're a friendly bunch around these parts!:)

I'm hoping that this'll be waiting for me when I get home but I'm away for the weekend so probably won't get much of a chance to play with it until next week, can I get back to you then? I may as well try some of the 5 free ones first, so if there's any of those I don't like we can do a swap or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

No worries about swapping. It's just gathering dust in my drawer. Let me know how you get on with the samples. If there's any you don't like now, you might find that you'll like them in a few weeks. That's what happened with me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Also thinking about giving this a go, sorry to hi jack your thread op, just a quick question T2 or T3, which one is better?

I prefer the T3 as it never gives a dry-burn, but it's a really, really cool vape. Very cool.

Cold in fact. But I've found flavours in juices I've not tasted before using it, so your mileage etc etc.

The t2 needs to be tipped upside-down every so often, has a more muted flavour, but tastes much warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Also thinking about giving this a go, sorry to hi jack your thread op, just a quick question T2 or T3, which one is better?

At a fiver each try both, settle on your favourite then buy a spare

Still haven't gotten it a week later as I somehow put the wrong postcode in my address, not very clever of me but I'm not sure what to do now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

rickyjb wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten it a week later as I somehow put the wrong postcode in my address, not very clever of me but I'm not sure what to do now.

contact them and they should sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Ricky,

did you go to your local post office, or the closest sorting office to you?

pmcmahon wrote: »
    contact them and they should sort it out.

I did, they said to go to the post office.
    wingnut32 wrote: »
    Ricky,

did you go to your local post office, or the closest sorting office to you?

I'm never home from work in time to make a post office and I can't for the life of me get the number to either of the delivery depots it could be in. An Post website is s***e.

I'm currently on hold to customer service...

Hasn't reached either of the depots so it hasn't even been sorted yet, regardless of the incorrect post code. An Post are just way behind already in the lead up to Christmas. Knew I should've collected it, over a week for them to get something from Palmerstown to Glasnevin... :rolleyes:

So after the original package went missing (my own fault for putting the wrong postal code but an post didn't help) I finally collected my order this evening and got the thing fired up.

Have to say Paul and Sabrina from e-smokeireland.eu were a pleasure to deal with and would highly recommend ordering from them, very genuine people. If the original package does show up I'll be sure to drop it back.

The kit is very easy to set up and start using immediately, I was almost expecting it to be more complicated. How do you know when the ego-c twist battery is fully charged, the light goes green I assume?

yeah the light goes green

Just as I read this I looked over and voila, green light:)

Really liking the R9-C9 wingnuts juice so far I have to say.

the first few charges the battery probably wont last as long as it should, it takes a while for the batteries to work themseves up to their proper life

Advertisement