Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardboard boxes for house moving

Options
  • 28-11-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Could anyone suggest the best place to ask for above in Limerick ? Preferably around the Raheen or south side of the city but anywhere would do. I would need a dozen or so medium to large type cardboard boxes. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Go to McDonalds when quiet, ask for any boxes they use for fries

I moved recently, perfect size for carrying:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Ask in a busy off license or tesco dooradoyle etc... Wine boxes (12's) or grocery staff stocking shelves always have trollies full of empty boxes perfectly sized. Or a factory like JJ O Tooles or similar in raheen that are always boxing packaging or print.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

brousuka wrote: »
    Could anyone suggest the best place to ask for above in Limerick ? Preferably around the Raheen or south side of the city but anywhere would do. I would need a dozen or so medium to large type cardboard boxes. Many thanks in advance.

Dunnes/Tesco is what I always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I work in dunnes and people are always asking for boxes, specifically banana boxes. Come in sometime during the day and ask the lads to keep some for you in the fridge after they pack the delivery. Should easily have 12 banana boxes wi lids which are very strong for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I think they sell those boxes in argos!

• Advertisement
Advertisement