Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" £237 delivered

Options
  • 28-11-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭

Silver version
    white version

which is about €295 and then you can use the Samsung cashback to get it down to €245 or maybe less €235 if you get the Sterling value as it was bought through the .co.uk site

but I'd advise getting it soon as the price has been going up and down and was £300 yesterday

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

300 now! :)

I got one on carphonewareshouse UK yesterday for 238, getting it delivered to deliverme website and then onto me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

still seeing it as 237

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Thanks Op. ordered one of these but I`m mystified at the
    lack of interest, am I missing something ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

esquier wrote: »
    Thanks Op. ordered one of these but I`m mystified at the
    lack of interest, am I missing something ?.

I tried to order one this morning but couldnt get it sent to my address.

Gonna have to check out how to use parcel motel later and they will prob be all gone :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

That must be marketplace, the silver ones are gone but the white one is
    there for £238.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab2-10-1-Tablet/dp/B0080OT6XU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354197729&sr=8-5

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I've just purchased one although when I went through to checkout the price came up as £243.95 (£198.33 + VAT 45.62). A difference in UK 20% v IRL 23% VAT rate?:confused: I didn't realise this was an issue in internet purchases.

Just have to remember to claim the 50 quid back from Samsung now. Has to be made within 15 and 60 days or otherwise deemed invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Is there any issue with claiming the cashback offer given that it is being bought from a UK company but delivered to Ireland?
    I bought a Samsung TV 3 years ago from a UK retailer and was refused the cashback offer for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

muggles wrote: »
    I've just purchased one although when I went through to checkout the price came up as £243.95 (£198.33 + VAT 45.62). A difference in UK 20% v IRL 23% VAT rate?:confused: I didn't realise this was an issue in internet purchases.

It's not for all internet purchases, only for the big companies like amazon. If a company sells over a certain amount, not 100% sure but I think it's €50,00 per annum, then the company has to register for VAT in that country. In this case, amazon is VAT registered here and they have to charge the Irish VAT rate to Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Thank you james for the info. I should probably know it already! That makes sense.

Leimeister, I hope the cashback doesn't become an issue. I've printed and read the T&C and they seem ok but I did read some negative reviews on Amazon relating to failed attempts on same. If the required receipts etc are submitted during the correct time period I don't foresee a problem. I guess we'll find out in due course. I'm not sure as of yet whether I get the €50 as an Irish based customer or £50 having purchased from a UK website. I would have thought £50 but what are the chances of being that lucky!!

If I don't get the cashback I'll be fairly disappointed as I could have just as easily walked into Harvey Norman and purchased the same item for €309 which is effectively what I've paid for it now (without the cashback).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Thanks OP.

Ordered the white one along with a cover-case/stand for a total price of ~€325 with Super Saver Delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Ordering one now, once i get the weird extra £5 thing sorted :)

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

muggles wrote: »
    Thank you james for the info. I should probably know it already! That makes sense.

Leimeister, I hope the cashback doesn't become an issue. I've printed and read the T&C and they seem ok but I did read some negative reviews on Amazon relating to failed attempts on same. If the required receipts etc are submitted during the correct time period I don't foresee a problem. I guess we'll find out in due course. I'm not sure as of yet whether I get the €50 as an Irish based customer or £50 having purchased from a UK website. I would have thought £50 but what are the chances of being that lucky!!

If I don't get the cashback I'll be fairly disappointed as I could have just as easily walked into Harvey Norman and purchased the same item for €309 which is effectively what I've paid for it now (without the cashback).

I got one delivered from amazon during the week, but didn't get a reciept, so what happens now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Mrsbananas wrote: »

I got one delivered from amazon during the week, but didn't get a reciept, so what happens now?

There should have been a receipt in the box. If not print out the dispatch email or screenshot your order details from the site.

lindtee wrote: »
    There should have been a receipt in the box. If not print out the dispatch email or screenshot your order details from the site.

No there was only a packing slip.
    Samsung are requesting reciept numbers aren't they, will amazon send me a proper reciept if I request one?

Mrsbananas wrote: »
    No there was only a packing slip.
    Samsung are requesting reciept numbers aren't they, will amazon send me a proper reciept if I request one?

Sorry I found the information in my account on amazon. I can print off another one there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Is it just the order no. you use or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Quick heads up - the silver version has just dropped down to £228.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Back up again. :( The Wifi 10.1 16gig are €228 but not the 3G version.

3g version never was that price afaik.

• Advertisement

3g version never was that price afaik.

The 3G also comes in and out of stock at the £228. Best to keep one of each version in your basket to check for price drops.

lindtee wrote: »
    The 3G also comes in and out of stock at the £228. Best to keep one of each version in your basket to check for price drops.

if thats the case then i missed a really good deal, having ordered the wifi only model for £228 yesterday :( still a good deal though, and im not sure i wanted a 3g tablet anyway :)

if thats the case then i missed a really good deal, having ordered the wifi only model for £228 yesterday :( still a good deal though, and im not sure i wanted a 3g tablet anyway :)

Actually I think the 3g was £10 more (£238)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

thanks OP, picked up a silver one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hi Lads
    Do you need to use parcel motel or something? Because when i enter my details, Amazon says it cant ship to my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Jaysus that's more than £100 less than I paid last weekend up north....
    Brilliant tablet though and Jellybean is being rolled out along with samsung premium suite.

Never mind, I just realised that this is the Galaxy 2 and not the note which I got so that's why it's cheaper.

The Galaxy tab 2 was about this price in PC world up north, though a little more expensive by about £25 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

tesco direct have this for 156 sterling until 3-DEC in white, you can get it delivered to a Northern ireland store & collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

bedirect wrote: »
    tesco direct have this for 156 sterling until 3-DEC in white, you can get it delivered to a Northern ireland store & collect it

Thats the Tab2 7 inch version. The 10inch one in white is £238 on Tesco Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

freebee23 wrote: »
    Thats the Tab2 7 inch version. The 10inch one in white is £238 on Tesco Direct.
    Yeah, I got excited for a second there..

Similar price to amazon so could be an option of amazon are out of stock at some point

http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-16gb-101-inch-white/140-6230.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=140-6230

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

John Lewis was selling the 10.1 Galaxy Tab 2 Wifi for £238 two weeks ago....I bought it from there and had it shipped here through Parcel Motel. Same price on the Tesco website but it was a nightmare to place the order.

Advertisement