Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a pm for €600-1000?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Recently had a 21st and got a bit of money and I am thinking about getting a power meter.. is there any suggestions on one in this price range ? Or would I be better saving another while ? Thanks in advance ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Came across this today while I do my daily snoop in there

http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/srm-power-meter/1127832

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

catweazle wrote: »
    Came across this today while I do my daily snoop in there

http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/srm-power-meter/1127832

If you are looking at that I can offer a much nicer wired SRM in your price range!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keelang

tunney wrote: »

If you are looking at that I can offer a much nicer wired SRM in your price range!
    Would be interested in that tunney . Have you any information on yours ? Crank length age etc.. is it worth goin second hand for an srm as opposed to a new cheaper option ?

keelang wrote: »
    Would be interested in that tunney . Have you any information on yours ? Crank length age etc.. is it worth goin second hand for an srm as opposed to a new cheaper option ?

Five years
    172.5mm Durace cranks
    Little use in last two

Minor cosmetic scuffs, (shoes rubbing on crank arms). Well looked after
    Black PCV and two mounting kits.

Second hand SRM versus newer cheaper option? Each to their own really!

The reason I went durace is they can be changed between bikes in under two minutes.

El Director saw them (and was going to buy them but didn't fit his bike) he could let you know condition.

Brings me onto what bikes are they going to be fitted to as as he found certain bikes cannot do SRMs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Around here tunney knows more about bike, kit and powermeters than most.

I got a PM last year: SRM was out of my pricerange, power2max was in range, but I wanted to be able to swop between two bikes which have different bottom brackets (which was just mounting up to make it all outside of my bike mechanic skills).

In the end I got a powertap (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycleops-powertap-pro-alloy-rear-wheel/) when wiggle had an additional 15% off voucher on the go, which IIRC compounded with a platnum membership to give a pretty good deal (think it was 650euro or so all in).

I already had a garminx 310xt which would do for reading power data, so didn't need to buy an additional bike computer.

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »

Five years
    172.5mm Durace cranks
    Little use in last two

Minor cosmetic scuffs, (shoes rubbing on crank arms). Well looked after
    Black PCV and two mounting kits.

Second hand SRM versus newer cheaper option? Each to their own really!

The reason I went durace is they can be changed between bikes in under two minutes.

El Director saw them (and was going to buy them but didn't fit his bike) he could let you know condition.

Brings me onto what bikes are they going to be fitted to as as he found certain bikes cannot do SRMs

I currently have a felt b12 which is used on the turbo this time of year and for racing in the summer, that is what it would be on are they compatible by any chance? was looking but could only see results for the b2 which I think is the same frame(different forks) so they should work together. The PCV is the head unit yea?

keelang wrote: »
    I currently have a felt b12 which is used on the turbo this time of year and for racing in the summer, that is what it would be on are they compatible by any chance? was looking but could only see results for the b2 which I think is the same frame(different forks) so they should work together. The PCV is the head unit yea?

Pretty sure that the felt B12 has a standard non-recessed externally beared Shimano BB??

PCV - PowerControl V, yes the head unit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi,

Yeah I can certainly vouch for the condition of Tunney's SRM, I was heartbroken when it wouldn't fit my BB :(

Well if it fits then I would be very interested in it . My only problem is that I'm in college and with exams and assignments over the next few weeks the first chance ill get to get away and take a look at it will be around the 19th of December or so if that's not too far away.. my only other question I have is how much would you be willing to sell it for ?

Advertisement