Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small bits of exotic woods

Options
  • 28-11-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Hi, im looking for some pieces of exotic woods with fancy grains in them, around 1" X 1.5" X 5" or bigger, anyone know where i can get them in South Dublin? I was thinking cabinet makers might have them but any i have spoken only have fairly plain woods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dmcgarry

Mcquillans usually do spindles... shop in blanch is low on stock but the one on capal street in town usually has a larger selection! Any specific wood you're looking for or just exotic in general?

Damien McGarry
    http://www.wexfordwoodworking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Cabinet makers like to hold on to their scraps :rolleyes:
    You might have to mail order. Try www.rutlands.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Nothing specific really, i dont know a whole lot about wood, ive been looking at some sites in the UK that sell pieces for making knife handles which is what im doing, they are around 5 to 15 pounds for one piece of that size plus shipping so im hoping i can get similar things here for less, ill try Mcquillans.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dmcgarry

You'll get purple heart bubinga iroko black walnut and plenty more in Mcquillans... is just luck of the draw as to what they have even you go in... maybe ring them first....

Damien McGarry
    http://www.Wexfordwoodworking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Hi, i rang them earlier today, ill go in over the weekend, sounds perfect, thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement