Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows live essentials

Options
  • 28-11-2012 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

I can't instal windows live essentials in Windows 8, it says a program is stopping it from been installed, I've turned off anti virus, firewall and still won't install. Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

200motels wrote: »
    I can't instal windows live essentials in Windows 8, it says a program is stopping it from been installed, I've turned off anti virus, firewall and still won't install. Any ideas.
    Some of the LE functionality is baked into the other apps, like Messenger, Mail, Photos, and SkyDrive.

You installed the correct .NET framework (3.5, incl. 2.0 and 3.0)? And allowed the system to reboot? I am having no problems with my installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Yes I have all of those installed as well as 1.1 framework, maybe it's that that's stopping it.

Overheal wrote: »
    Some of the LE functionality is baked into the other apps, like Messenger, Mail, Photos, and SkyDrive.

You installed the correct .NET framework (3.5, incl. 2.0 and 3.0)? And allowed the system to reboot? I am having no problems with my installation.
    This is the error code I'm getting error 0x80070643 and I've tried searching the net for an answer and nothing solves the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

First create a restore point (for good measure) and follow these steps:

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
    Tap or click Settings, and then enter the name of the app you want to find.
    Tap or click Uninstall a program
    Tap or click Turn Windows features on or off
    Tap or click to unselect the box for .Net framework 3.5 (includes .Net2.0 and 3.0)
    Tap or click OK and click Close when the uninstall is complete.
    Tap or click to close the Uninstall a program window.

From there I would reboot and then try running the Essentials installer again. It should prompt you to install .Net 3.5 again.

That didn't work but thanks. I got it working by system restore to the day I installed OS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement