Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser Trouble Safari/Chrome

Options
  • 28-11-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having awful trouble with browsers, Safari is utterly useless, it comes up the whole time with blank pages. Its very slow as well. That's just safari I think. Nothing wrong just being itself.

Chrome which I'd like to use completely kills my mac, fans come on roaring straight away the minute I launch it, it increases the ram usage to a critical level, the mac book pro just seems to hate it. I've disabled flash and all other add ons and it makes no difference it absolutely kills it. I could be doing things in every program in creative suite and it wouldn't have the same effect.

I've all the latest updates, 4GB ram, quadcore i7 and it feels like i've for Windows 98 browser power. Any ideas, i've reset the smc as well.

Chrome also makes my time to charge double.

Any ideas?

I'm struggling to even post this in safari, keeps going to blank page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Have you had a look in Activity Monitor to see what's using the CPU ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

sounds like your mac has a problem. this is definitely not normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I have chrome back working normally, I found a few gremlins in activity monitor, it's not over heating now and battery life is back to normal. Reset the SMC and Pram again and it seemed to help. Hopefully it behaves from here on in, have enough of seeing the spinning circle on such a powerful machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What were the "gremlins" you spotted ? Must have been serious to slow a machine like that down ! Guessing AV :)

Ken

Advertisement