Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the Luas lines

Options
  • 27-11-2012 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

RTE news talking again about the link to join the 2 LUAS lines. Getting the go-ahead.

Sure didnt they announce this already! and am i right in saying the bridge for it to cross the Liffey is under construction for ages already? Its opposite The Garda National Immigration bureau

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm worried about the chaos this is going to cause in Dublin city centre. Really think transport like this needs to go underground in major city centres in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

No cost benefit analysis has been done since Metro North was scrapped. That cancellation completely changes the parameters for BXD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No cost benefit analysis has been done since Metro North was scrapped. That cancellation completely changes the parameters for BXD.

a CBA would only be a waste of another couple of dozen million, how many of them have they done now for various slightly different plans? just go ahead and do it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Throw in a few million to expropriate the Abbey Street junctions to allow route interoperation between Red Line and BX - sure most of the offending properties are probably in NAMA now :D Oh I kid, I kid...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

Watch, the WRC crowd will be demanding Atherny-Tuam reopened 'to address the imbalance'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

a CBA would only be a waste of another couple of dozen million, how many of them have they done now for various slightly different plans? just go ahead and do it already.

The CBA results will come out quite different once you remove Metro North from the equation. The loadings on the Luas itself and on other forms of public transport will be completely different. You could carry out the CBA for a few thousand euros in a few weeks, since all of the preliminary work has been done. You just have to redo the transport model.

The CBA would make it apparent that the demand would be tremendously high between Harcourt St and O'Connell St. It is hard to see how the Luas could carry it all.

Advertisement