Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of ASOS clothes?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I ordered a few things from them about 2/3 years ago and I decided never again, each of the items were of very poor quality and I sent them back (their own brand stuff)...I now order from boohoo as they have much better quality and are really good prices too (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

solerina wrote: »
    I ordered a few things from them about 2/3 years ago and I decided never again, each of the items were of very poor quality and I sent them back (their own brand stuff)...I now order from boohoo as they have much better quality and are really good prices too (imo)

Hhhmm I think Ill give them a miss so. A friend of mine said the quality is as bad as Miss Selfridge so thats two thumbs down for ASOS so. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 holmeste

I have never had any problems with the quality of ASOS infact found their stuff to be of good quality especially knitwear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

I have ordered quite a few things from there, dresses in particular and their own brand. I have never had any problems and they last too and wash well :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Never had a problem either. I got something in the post today and the quality is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Again no problems here! My wishlist needs to be converted into my basket soon though!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Never had a problem with their stuff either. And actually I've only ever bought their own brand from them- always was happy with what I got.

Wow lots of positive reviews, maybe I'll start small and order one thing first. thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I only ever ordered once from ASOS last year, a black jumper with a beaded peter pan collar. Looked lovely in the photo online. It was £45.00.

Ordered it, and the quality was good, but the jumper doesn't reach my belly button :( it is really short and uncomfortable to wear. It wasn't described as anything but a normal, full length jumper. I never returned it because I loved the beading on it and I hoped that I would have something with a high enough waist to wear it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Womens stuff must be okay but the mens stuff is tat if you have any eye for quality. Made the mistake of getting some of their own brand trousers and shirts when I was younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I've never had a problem either! Got a few things last week and only returned one cos it was too big. Buy most of my clothes off it now tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

I'd probably buy from ASOS about once a month & have only ever had a problem once & that was something that was damaged in transit.

+1 on Boohoo too, I do a lot of shopping there & they are great quality and really true to size!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Womens stuff must be okay but the mens stuff is tat if you have any eye for quality. Made the mistake of getting some of their own brand trousers and shirts when I was younger.

I find them a bit mixed. For example, I bought some mens oxford shirts (This and this one) which fits really well and the cloth is good quality.

I also bought this jacket which is definitely not of the highest quality but I think the prices reflects the quality, still happy with it.

What I wasn't happy with were the jeans. Bought my first pair of jeans from them recently and the fit was really bad. The jeans reminded me of the ones they sell in Penneys.

So it can be hit and miss (mostly hit :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭event

I find them a bit mixed. For example, I bought some mens oxford shirts (This and this one) which fits really well and the cloth is good quality.

I also bought this jacket which is definitely not of the highest quality but I think the prices reflects the quality, still happy with it.

What I wasn't happy with were the jeans. Bought my first pair of jeans from them recently and the fit was really bad. The jeans reminded me of the ones they sell in Penneys.

So it can be hit and miss (mostly hit :) )

Yea id agree. shirts and tshirts are fine imo.
    Have never ordered jeans/trousers though.
    Mate if mine got a suit from them, its a grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Keirafaherty

ClubDead wrote: »
    I’m thinking of ordering some clothes of ASOS, this dress in particular:
    http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Sexy-Pencil-Dress-With-Sweetheart-Neckline/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2074767&cid=8799&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Nude

Anyone on here ordered from them? Are there clothes of reasonable quality?
    If u r grtting other Brands they are good quality. But their own brand is not good quality at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I think their own brand stuff is terrible quality, however I haven't bought any of their own brand stuff for a couple of years now so I don't know if it has improved or not.

So I order this to see what I thought of the quality of there clothes:
    http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Skater-Dress-With-Chiffon-Sleeves-And-Belt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2560246&cid=8799&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Purple

And I’m delighted with it! I’ve seen clothes of similar quality in Oasis and River Island for double the price. It’s a bit low cut but nothing that I can’t fix. I’m going to have to restrain myself from going nuts now! :):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Some of their own brand stuff I've ordered have been good quality but others have not. I noticed recently that their branded clothes are more expensive than in that particular shop. I was shocked at the markup to be honest but they do have great sales.

Advertisement