Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

equipment

Options
  • 27-11-2012 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi folks,

looking to get a few things for training this season.

Looking for a waterproof bag for swim training/general sports gear. (My last Nike bag was eaten away on the inside by chlorine and I have blue bits everywhere all over my gear now. :mad:) I know I could get the Amphibia x bag but wanted other options too.

Bag:
    • features
    • 25 - 40litres
    • easy to carry, good shoulder harness
    • waterproof
    • few pockets options
    • durable zips

Also looking for gloves for road cycling/running.
    • waterproof
    • warm
    • good dexterity
    • windproof

If you think I missing any features from your experience that is need for winter/spring please let me know. Thanks for your help,

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

gorgo wrote: »
    Hi folks,

looking to get a few things for training this season.

Looking for a waterproof bag for swim training/general sports gear. (My last Nike bag was eaten away on the inside by chlorine and I have blue bits everywhere all over my gear now. :mad:) I know I could get the Amphibia x bag but wanted other options too.

Bag:
    • features
    • 25 - 40litres
    • easy to carry, good shoulder harness
    • waterproof
    • few pockets options
    • durable zips

Also looking for gloves for road cycling/running.
    • waterproof
    • warm
    • good dexterity
    • windproof
    If you think I missing any features from your experience that is need for winter/spring please let me know. Thanks for your help,

Regards.

Got the X-bag but to be honest I only use it for Triathlons.
    I also have 2 of the amphibia evo bags and they are grand for swimming gear. Not sure on the capacity though but two large towels, a hand towel, shorts, vest and toiletry bag fit in for Yoga.

I have the BBB Aquashield glove on order after looking around for winter gloves. Cycling Weekly reviewed them last week. I'll paraphase - "Two things stand out.... Long cuff great to tucket under jacket to maintain heat seal. Gloves have a thin feel.... Always warm... never too hot. Simply great value but check sizing as thumbs are short" - €43

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I use the X-bag for training and often have wet gear in it for a little longer than necessary.:o

No issues with the waterproofing or anything like that. It's reasonably comfortable and I have used it as a messenger type bag on the bike during commutes only.

There are other options out there for transition type bags with separate waterproof compartments but also double up as a backpack for stability and comfort if cycling commute. Sailfish have one, as do most of the triathlon brands.

Advertisement