Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic Pub gigs wanted!

Options
  • 27-11-2012 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking for gigs in Dublin city centre! Anyone know of a pub to have a chat with the manager about?? I live pretty much beside temple bar and I've asked around but the scene seems to be pretty tight, regulars and stuff! I'd obviously prefer paid gigs but would provide free ones as a trial to see how it goes! Iv'e recordings available on request. Regularly busk in Dublin City and get good responses all the time.

Winter is coming and its gets cold!! Bring me indoors!!! :) :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Looking for gigs in Dublin city centre! Anyone know of a pub to have a chat with the manager about?? I live pretty much beside temple bar and I've asked around but the scene seems to be pretty tight, regulars and stuff! I'd obviously prefer paid gigs but would provide free ones as a trial to see how it goes! Iv'e recordings available on request. Regularly busk in Dublin City and get good responses all the time.

Winter is coming and its gets cold!! Bring me indoors!!! :) :pac:

Yeah, places have their regulars, but leave your details anyway, and you need to be persistant - places won't generally ring you on spec.

Please don't be offering to play for free - you deserve to be paid for your time, and it gives the impression that all musicians don't need to be paid, as there is always someone who will do it for free.

Where you play depends on what you play. City Centre pubs tend to prefer the 'hits', whereas those in the 'burbs, you can get away with being a bit more obscure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I'd obviously prefer paid gigs but would provide free ones as a trial to see how it goes!

If you are good at what you do, then dont do it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I played in Temple Bar for a few years.

It was hard work I can tell ye!! I had to bring my own PA, which means unloading outside the gig, hassle from Guards etc, and then parking!!

But, some of the places had their own PA and I think most do these days.

Anyway, to answer your question..It was all agency work. To get a gig you had to be with an agency. I'm not sure if that is still the case though.

Find out who the agency are and call them up.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GodfreyJones

Thanks a mill everyone! I've gotten a few pm's and stuff about agencies since! Hopefully there's PAs n stuff there cause I haven't got anything like that! Probably won't until I get some decent feedback and maybe a regular night in a pub or something!! Money is obviously tight! :p haha

Thanks again for the advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Hey!

In a similar position! I've been playing pubs for few years but wanna get a few gigs on the go in Dublin.. Have a pa etc.. Does anyone know an agency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 I Need A Coffee

Winter is coming and its gets cold!! Bring me indoors!!!

I am looking for gigs as well , but I would reiterate what other posters have said and dont offer to play for free if you are providing a service and you are skilled then you deserve to be paid for that.
    Do I really need an agency to get gigs in Dublin city center??

Thanks

Advertisement