Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I should move on?

Options
  • 27-11-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

About three years ago I met a charming fella; polite, good looking and kind (How often does THAT happen?!) and we hit it off straight away.
    Anyway, there was some flirting and the like, but it turned out he was ten years older than me (I look older, he looks younger) and it basically really freaked him out and we didn't really speak for a year or so.
    I never thought anything of it really, we'd never been anything near remotely serious, falling for him. I realised that he means a great deal to me, and we always have a however, over the summer we started chatting again and I realised I was actually laugh whenever we talk, the thing is, I think he's still freaked out by the age difference...
    Also, two months ago, he started a relationship with another girl, and whilst I'd never do anything to get in the way of them, it hit me hard. We were at a party together one night not too long ago and when he tried to introduce me to his girlfriend he stumbled over his words, which made me think that he still likes me, but maybe I'm just crazy!

Should I just try to move on? I mean, is the age difference too much for him? We get along so well, and I can't shut him out of my life because we're in the same social circle... I'm just not sure what to do or what to think, and my feelings are all over the place so apologies if this doesn't make sense, but my heart is actually aching.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yes OP, you should move on. He's not interested in you - he's had a few chances with you now and has turned down each one. Stop wasting your time on someone who doesn't feel the same way. You seem to only want what you can't have now that he's finally got a gf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hey OP,

I think you should move on. I was in a relationship for 5 years with a guy 14 years older and it was a bloody disaster so maybe I'm biased. But I really think you're better off with someone your own age. I know I am. Either way, he has a girlfriend and he's made it clear he's not interested, so gather your dignity and self-respect and don't make a fool of yourself over him. Move on and find a nice guy your own age.

Best of luck.

Advertisement