Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspended Account

Options
  • 27-11-2012 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I set up a paddy power online account to place a bet on a horse race I had received a tip for.

I registered and used my OH's paypal account to deposit the cash for the bet. Placed the bet and I thought all was well.

Before the race I tried to log into my account but it said it was suspended. According to the live chat it was suspended because I used a paypal account in someone else's name. They assured me the bet was void and I'd receive a refund.

As the race hadn't started yet I went down to the local bookies and put the same bet on.

The horse lost, fair enough but after being on to paddy power a number of times they've told me they will not be refunding me.

Surely after having my account suspended and the live chat agent telling me I'd be refunded I should be refunded?

Does anyone know where I stand? If I knew the bet still stood I would have not put it on again in the bookies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I set up a paddy power online account to place a bet on a horse race I had received a tip for.

I registered and used my OH's paypal account to deposit the cash for the bet. Placed the bet and I thought all was well.

Before the race I tried to log into my account but it said it was suspended. According to the live chat it was suspended because I used a paypal account in someone else's name. They assured me the bet was void and I'd receive a refund.

As the race hadn't started yet I went down to the local bookies and put the same bet on.

The horse lost, fair enough but after being on to paddy power a number of times they've told me they will not be refunding me.

Surely after having my account suspended and the live chat agent telling me I'd be refunded I should be refunded?

Does anyone know where I stand? If I knew the bet still stood I would have not put it on again in the bookies!

I think you're talking about 2 bets here, right?

Bet 1 - Placed online. Yes that is due a refund as it was done with the suspended account

Bet 2 - Placed in a shop. No I can't see that one being due a refund.

As an aside, why did you use your OH's paypal account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Monkey Business

pithater1 wrote: »
    I think you're talking about 2 bets here, right?

Bet 1 - Placed online. Yes that is due a refund as it was done with the suspended account

Bet 2 - Placed in a shop. No I can't see that one being due a refund.

As an aside, why did you use your OH's paypal account?

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if i wasn't clear in my opening post, I know I won't get a refund in the shop as that bet was placed and lost. I was only inquiring about the bet placed online, where my account was suspended before the race.

Do you have any idea how to go about getting a refund? Paddy power are refusing outright now even though I was told I'd get one.

I used my OH's account as I don't have a paypal account.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if i wasn't clear in my opening post, I know I won't get a refund in the shop as that bet was placed and lost. I was only inquiring about the bet placed online, where my account was suspended before the race.

Do you have any idea how to go about getting a refund? Paddy power are refusing outright now even though I was told I'd get one.

I used my OH's account as I don't have a paypal account.

Were you talking to them on live chat?

If so they should have a reference of that chat. Get onto them again with the time and date you talked to them with it and the person you were speaking to.

You really should set yourself up with a paypal though as most bookies will suspend an account if the names on their account and the paypal account don't match.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Were you talking to them on live chat?

If so they should have a reference of that chat. Get onto them again with the time and date you talked to them with it and the person you were speaking to.

You really should set yourself up with a paypal though as most bookies will suspend an account if the names on their account and the paypal account don't match.

Yeah apparently they have no record of either of the chats I had with them. Looks like I'll have to just let it go.

Yeah I will in future, don't bet too often and when I do it's usually in shops.

Yeah apparently they have no record of either of the chats I had with them. Looks like I'll have to just let it go.

Yeah I will in future, don't bet too often and when I do it's usually in shops.

That's bull for a start they have to keep a record

have a look through your browsing history on the day you talked to them, ye should have a cache of the transcript of the chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There must be a record of the bet in your history and if they cancelled it, it would say it on your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

They have terrible customer support. I have my account 'suspended' after hitting a nice little run of form and hoovering up a tidy few quid over a few weeks without depositing anything. My account was closed.

It took a lot of back and forth to get the whole thing settled. They said they couldn't allow me to continue because they hadn't verified my age. When I asked why this only became an issue when I started winning and not all the months I was depositing money and losing they hadn't got an answer.

They are shocking sometimes. Really they are. I wouldn't let it go, though, I'd press them for it.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    There must be a record of the bet in your history and if they cancelled it, it would say it on your statement.

Well I don't know what it says on the statement as I'm blocked out and cannot log in at all.
    SwdDub wrote: »
    They have terrible customer support. I have my account 'suspended' after hitting a nice little run of form and hoovering up a tidy few quid over a few weeks without depositing anything. My account was closed.

It took a lot of back and forth to get the whole thing settled. They said they couldn't allow me to continue because they hadn't verified my age. When I asked why this only became an issue when I started winning and not all the months I was depositing money and losing they hadn't got an answer.

They are shocking sometimes. Really they are. I wouldn't let it go, though, I'd press them for it.

Yeah the customer care is shocking alright. Very hard to get any information out of them. And from my short experience with them it seems you could get a different answer depending on what rep you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

Send a complaint to IBAS ,this is the first thing anyone should do when they have a problem with a bookies.I have used them twice and got my money.its free and you can do it online.
    The bookies don't have to abide by IBAS ruling but the usually do.

Advertisement