Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden boat repair

Options
  • 26-11-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Folks, I have a small wooden boat. I'd say it's no more than 17ft long. I will try and upload a picture.

Anyways, some of the planks are soft and there are some broken ribs. I'm looking for someone to carry out the repairs.

The boat is in Greystones but I'm willing to travel with it. It's on a decent trailer.

I'd love to be able to carry out the repairs myself but I don't have the time, facilities or knowledge.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Just bumping this up. Perhaps I wasn't clear. Looking for someone to carry out the repairs.
    Could be a handy job/few bob over the winter for someone

Thanks S

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I'm surprised no one has taken you up on this, work must be picking up out there :) I would do it for you but I have two boats here at the moment and thats all I can fit sorry.
    I know it would be a bit of a trip for you but if you don't get anyone try http://www.woodengems.ie/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Pity your not in cork, Methal Marra in the takecity do wooden boat repairs and building, it's a youth project but they've seriously skilled boat builders running it ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

This might also be another option it's a boatbuilding class in Dun Laoghaire maybe they would take it on as a project.http://www.qualifax.ie/qf/QFPublic/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=68082

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Some useful leads there. Thank You.

I posted the same message to the Greystones forum (that's where I live) and I did receive some recommendations. However, the one lead i really hoped would work out did not as the person can't take it on. So I'll follow up on the ideas here.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement