Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P6 Examiner

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a new examiner for the P6 exam or is it the same one that has been setting the ridiculously hard exams for the last few years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a new examiner for the P6 exam or is it the same one that has been setting the ridiculously hard exams for the last few years?

New examiner, his first exam is this December.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Cheers bobbyg!

Do you know if the new examiner has released a pilot paper or given any indication as to what the exam might be like?

I'm doing home study for it and there doesn't seen to be much info on the subject on the acca website or open tuition.

Thanks

Sorry don't check this forum very often and forgotten I had replied, yes there is a pilot paper, send me a pm with your email address and if I get a chance i will email it to you Tuesday, I am busy concentrating on P6 for tomorrow at the minute.

Off the top of my head I can't remember what is on it, he had a meeting a few weeks back with the lecturers and seemed to indicate that basic knowledge will be very important (i.e a lot of the F6 stuff). Other important things will be dates, revenue audit, termination payments, CGT, CAT. Mainly things that happen in practice and in real life!

Cheers bobbyg!

Do you know if the new examiner has released a pilot paper or given any indication as to what the exam might be like?

I'm doing home study for it and there doesn't seen to be much info on the subject on the acca website or open tuition.

Thanks

Sorry one other thing he said the exam will be more on the style of the old examiner as in the one before the last lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

You're legend bobbyg!

Thanks a million and best of luck with the exam!

Advertisement