Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft 2 Online tournament - free entry

Options
  • 26-11-2012 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm sure most of ye remember the previous tournaments we held. They went very well, good attendance for all events and everyone enjoyed themselves!

I have been working with the founders for n00bgaming.com and I want to share some information with you all.

Irelands first volunteer online gaming company is now setting up an Online Gaming Portal to aid
    in the development of online gaming in Ireland.

Using the best in industry stardards of coding, www.n00bgaming.com will look at all the different
    elements that bring gamers together. As a non-profit company, www.n00bgaming.com will not
    be looking at how much money to take from gamers. In fact, we will not be profiting directly from
    gamers in any way. In addition to this 10% of advertisements on the site will be going directly
    into charities such as www.gamesaid.org and other charities around the world.

Starting with an online tournament in Starcraft 2, n00b gaming will focus its build over the
    next few months by establishing itself in the gaming community as THE online site for gaming
    tournaments.

The site itself will be hosted at here at www.n00bgaming.com and will begin with a 64 player
    Starcraft 2 tournament with a prize pool of €320 up for grabs. The first tournament is now available and entry is free!

The site is now live, however over the next few weeks a lot of changes will take place and the site will contain other gaming information such as:

Games news
    Gaming Trailers
    Upcoming Events
    Gaming Resources
    Forums
    And much more...

Be ready to play like a Pr0 and register now to compete in the event on launch day from the
    comfort of your own home. Advance through the tournament to see your games broadcasted
    live and recorded on YouTube! Be in with a chance to compete against the StarCraft 2 Pr0s and
    measure your skills in the European Leaderboard that will be launched soon.

Regards,
    Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Please tell me the map pool will be changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Hi GosuIrish, there is no current map pool scheduled, but closer to the time one will be announced.

I can safely say it will be based on some solid recommendations made by some top players in the SC2 scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Geocities called, they want their website back...

Seriously though. I closed the page as soon as i realised the youtube video played every time i clicked a a link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Sorry Dustaz, I was not involved in the design of the website.

But thanks for feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

One of the worse websites i've seen in modern times

"Using the best in industry stardards of coding"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 abomb

sweet,cant believe i missed it,will there be some more soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RimasOwns97

abomb wrote: »
    sweet,cant believe i missed it,will there be some more soon?

Don't let abomb play he'll win everything with ease xDDD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Is he GM?

Gumbi wrote: »
    Is he GM?

Not sure about WOL but he is Gm on Hots and I think he played a showmatch vs WhiteRa. His videos were put up on Destinys channel. And Husky casted his games too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NLYCArq-Zg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIsWSrhqFwM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHNe5AkLwJI

Not sure about WOL but he is Gm on Hots and I think he played a showmatch vs WhiteRa. His videos were put up on Destinys channel. And Husky casted his games too
    An ok :D I am near high Master's in WoL is all :D

• Advertisement

An ok :D I am near high Master's in WoL is all :D

I was beating top 3 masters back in summer but I stopped playing because of school

I was beating top 3 masters back in summer but I stopped playing because of school
    What race are you? I had a streak back some months ago and was high Master's for a few weeks, but yeah, school! ;)

What race are you? I had a streak back some months ago and was high Master's for a few weeks, but yeah, school! ;)

Im zerg :D I knocked out a rank 1 master out of the Tsl4 qualifier :P

Im zerg :D I knocked out a rank 1 master out of the Tsl4 qualifier :P
    :) Zerg so strong these days :/. PvZ is so hard :(

Just immortal sentry all in till you get gm , Watch naniwas stream Hes immortal sentry push is ready to go at 8.30. Thats impossible to hold

Just immortal sentry all in till you get gm , Watch naniwas stream Hes immortal sentry push is ready to go at 8.30. Thats impossible to hold
    Nah, only works on some maps. I saw his one once, it's actually sick good. He does it off a one gate expand and it has early zeal/stalker pressure built in, so strong.

Naniwa's stream is good! He struggles a lot vs Zerg. Even I as a Toss can see that it's not simply imbalance, it's just a bad matchup for him too. I love his 1 Gate openings, it's so cool to see him still do them after showing them off vs DRG jn the GAL ro8 so many months ago. I've been using them ever since!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

oO sudden influx of master players

Khazidhea wrote: »
    oO sudden influx of master players
    Silence pleb! JK, JK <3

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

No, seriously it's like generations :D

First it was me, Funky and omg I cant remember his name ... blinn, yeah blinn! All of us pretty much stopped playing.

Then there were Epi and Night, I think PacWac got to masters too. Then there was a period of time I got back into, but never saw any of them online.

When I looked at who won the tournament it was the first time I ever saw those names :D

First it was me, Funky and omg I cant remember his name ... blinn, yeah blinn! All of us pretty much stopped playing.

Then there were Epi and Night, I think PacWac got to masters too. Then there was a period of time I got back into, but never saw any of them online.

When I looked at who won the tournament it was the first time I ever saw those names :D
    Hehe. I've been Master's for a few seasons now.

It's really hard to progress at this stage. Mechanics are completely solid, good macro, micro and multitask. I think it's simply my game understanding that's letting me down (and PvZ haha).

• Advertisement

lol:)

never played the showmatch vs whitera he missed it cause of a snow crisis in Ukraine or something.but we will probly play it soon,maybe after xmas so be sure to check it out :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Let us know when so we can watch - assuming it'll get streamed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 n00bgaming

Hey abomb. We are looking at the 28th/12 for the next tournament. Will be smaller this time though. 16 players first come first served. So keep an eye out. :)

There are a lot of irish masters you just dont know them. The ones I know from the facebook group are . Me (low master dont play much anymore ) Night(plays on smurfs so no idea hows he doing) Shodan ( always top 15) PacWac (stays around 25-40) Bakemonda (dont know much about him) Herogreck( not irish but lives in Ireland ). and there are more on the ladder that I havnt talked to.
    Also I talked to you at the dublin lan I was the only kid there and I was talking to you about your games in the final. I was platinum then

abomb wrote: »
    never played the showmatch vs whitera he missed it cause of a snow crisis in Ukraine or something.but we will probly play it soon,maybe after xmas so be sure to check it out :D

What's your skype I'd like you chat to you some time , Theres a facebook group for irish sc2 players and we do tournaments sometimes

There are a lot of irish masters you just dont know them. The ones I know from the facebook group are . Me (low master dont play much anymore ) Night(plays on smurfs so no idea hows he doing) Shodan ( always top 15) PacWac (stays around 25-40) Bakemonda (dont know much about him) Herogreck( not irish but lives in Ireland ). and there are more on the ladder that I havnt talked to.
    Also I talked to you at the dublin lan I was the only kid there and I was talking to you about your games in the final. I was platinum then
    SHODAN is Irish!? I play him a good bit on ladder, he's even in my division lol.

SHODAN is Irish!? I play him a good bit on ladder, he's even in my division lol.

Northern Irish :D

Advertisement