Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House bought but has nothing (fridge/freezer, cooker, washing machine etc..)

Options
  • 26-11-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭

Any tips on where and what models to get of fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher? So far most of the best prices I've seen has been Argos.

Frost free fridge/freezer would be good.

The washing machine would ideally be a dryer also.

I'm into energy efficiency so being A rated would be important.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

www.baize.ie sometimes has some good deals particularly on siemens and bosch products which are regularly rated best by which magazine - i'd check out that magazine for reviews (think you can sign up for free or a euro for a month) as they do the best tests.

the baize house products are returns but have warranties, no connection with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

You really need to draw up a list of what you need and bring it around the stores, DID, power city, HN, currys, expert and so on. You can go on line too.

In each store compare like for like, use the model numbers, make sure they know you are off to the others to compare and let them know that they are too expensive. At some point each one will make you an offer beyond which they will not go. Depending on your circumstances other things might be of interest, will the install it, take away the packaging etc.

Have a good think about what functions you want;
    Dishwasher: Delayed start, half load cycle, noise levels (if in open plan room) energy rating, etc
    Washing Machine: delayed start, half load, spin speed, extra large load, noise and energy rating,
    Fridge: Energy rating, usable space (layout) under counter or as you suggest fridge freezer.
    Freezer, maybe if you have the room you could have small chest freezer in the shed and only need a small freezer in the kitchen etc.

the list goes on, see what warranty you are getting, as far as I know Bosch and Siemens are the same but Siemens give a longer warranty. I have Bosch for all of the above and in five years no problems but I am sure others will disagree.

Wally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Flash the cash and play one shop off another.Haggle hard.

Also keep your eyes open and your ear to the ground for Warehouse clearence sales.

You can get serious good bargains at these events.

Been there,done it and got the t-shirt.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I've always got great prices from Power City. If spending over €1000, they seem to get very interested and you can push for good discounts. I've used Coolock mostly.

Advertisement