Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped out of Level 8, Level 6 query

Options
  • 26-11-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of clarification here.

I've have completed 2 years of a level 8 degree. I deferred 3rd year, twice, so come next September I'll have been out of the course 2 years.

I've spotted a higher certificate in NCI that is a level 6 but states that it is covered under the free fees scheme, I assume I cannot attend that course under that scheme as I would be going backwards...

Does anyone know if I would be eligible to get the BTEA for this? Or is it the same story as the free fees initiative & grants? I have to do 2 years before I become eligible again.

Also, does anyone know if my two deferred years count towards the five year rule on returning to education under the free fees scheme?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement