Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Siemens 5010 Phone not working but Internet is fine

Options
  • 25-11-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Recently my Eircom Siemens 5010 cordless phone wont make or receive calls (it still has a display). My Internet works fine though.

When I phone it from my mobile the display says: "Call rejected".

Has anyone any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Is there something wrong with your phone line?

A cordless phone can't send a "Call Rejected" message. All it can do is pick up / hang up the phone.

Maybe check that it's not just permanently off the hook?

If you're on Smart Telecom by any chance, there's actually a major outage tonight which is resulting in that 'call rejected' message if you phone any smart telecom numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Solair wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with your phone line?

A cordless phone can't send a "Call Rejected" message. All it can do is pick up / hang up the phone.

Maybe check that it's not just permanently off the hook?

If you're on Smart Telecom by any chance, there's actually a major outage tonight which is resulting in that 'call rejected' message if you phone any smart telecom numbers.

Hi Solair. I am with Smart Telecom.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Solair. I am with Smart Telecom.

In that case, you'll just have to wait until they fix their network. It's not your handset!

We're just getting a busy tone when we pick up the phone and nobody can get through to us.

& their customer care line's not manned until tomorrow!
    :mad:

Solair wrote: »
    In that case, you'll just have to wait until they fix their network. It's not your handset!

We're just getting a busy tone when we pick up the phone and nobody can get through to us.

& their customer care line's not manned until tomorrow!
    :mad:

Thats good to know at least re phone being not faulty.

Is it between 9am-5pm Mon-Fri that they are open?

Worztron wrote: »
    Thats good to know at least re phone being not faulty.

Is it between 9am-5pm Mon-Fri that they are open?

Something like that yeah :D

I suppose they're cheap for a reason!

• Advertisement

I just tried the landline phone a minute ago and it works again.

Advertisement