Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a jarvi bench

Options
  • 25-11-2012 1:05pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here is a nice video on making a jarvi bench from one solid block of oak.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

No safety guards on anything:D

Really enjoyed it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:D He's doing it the hard way ! Great video. I'd say its not his first and that thicknesser needs dust extraction. ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Really interesting to watch, I would love to do stuff like that with raw trees but need a lot more machinery for that. When he was cutting the second side on the table saw I was almost certain he was about to cut his fingers off as they seemed to pass right over the blade :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

That is one class table to be made out of one plank of oak! I love how he cut it with a portable bandsaw. That's the most impressive steam bending I have ever seen! Unreal setup for bending it once it was steamed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

You could always try it small scale using a microwave :D This is actually quite handy for small jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

That is a nice shop Jarvi has.
    Impressive use of a Woodmeizer and his steam table/contraption is a work of art as is the finished product.

Advertisement