Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Clare that do Chirstmas Day dinner?

Options
  • 25-11-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering are there any good hotels in Clare that are doing dinner on Christmas day? I'm going to my mothers in Clare for Christmas but I don't want her cooking dinner this year as she got very stressed about it last year & ended up getting very sick.
    I know the West County have dinner but I've eat there before & the food is not great. Also are there any catering companies in Clare that do Christmas Day dinner? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

There are lots of places that you can pre order cooked turkey and ham.

Which area of Clare will you be in?

You dont want to be driving from Miltown to Killaloe (eg) on Christmas morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Falls hotel in ennistymon. We went there a few yrs ago. Stayed over a few nights. Cost a bit but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Also are there any catering companies in Clare that do Christmas Day dinner?

That is an idea ..... have it delivered to home, taking the stress out of all the preparation ..... I will be interested in any suggestions about this that might arise .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks for the replies.
    We're based in East Clare, just a couple of miles from Tulla. Killaloe wouldn't be too far to drive to, Ennistymon would be though. Is there a hotel in Killaloe
    that does Christmas dinner? What places can you order cooked turkey and ham. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It might we worth giving the Lakeside Hotel in Killaloe a ring as far, as I know they'll be open for business.

http://www.lakesidehotel.ie/

• Advertisement

PWEI wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    We're based in East Clare, just a couple of miles from Tulla. Killaloe wouldn't be too far to drive to, Ennistymon would be though. Is there a hotel in Killaloe
    that does Christmas dinner? What places can you order cooked turkey and ham. Thanks.

I just rang The Lakeside Hotel (Ballina, but nearly Killaloe ;)) They're not open Christmas day :(

I thought Super Valu would do cooked turkey and ham, but no it seems.

The only other one I can Think of is Mc Keoghs in Ballina 061 376172.
    They arent open at the moment but you could give them a ring tomorrow.

Im sure there are lots of places in Limerick that would do the cooked food for collection on Christmas eve.

Ive just been told that "Zest" Killaloe are doing cooked turkey and hams.

Zest! at Killaloe
    6 Convent Hill Shopping Centre,
    Killaloe, Co. Clare, Ireland
    Tel: (061) 376 905
    killaloe@zestfood.ie
    Mon-Sat: 9am to 5pm
    Sun: Closed

Be worth giving them a call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Zest deliver Christmas dinners to the customer's homes on Christmas Day. They have outlets in Ennis, Limerick & Killaloe.

www.zestfood.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IsMise

As far as I know The Woodstock Hotel in Ennis do Christmas day dinner as well, 065-6899800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭black & white

The Oakwood Arms in Shannon are advertising for Christmas Day Dinner, I think it was about 60 for an adult and 20 for Children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks for all the replies. I contacted Woodstock and got an email from them today. They advised me that they won't be doing Christmas lunch.
    Zest is looking very promising though, hoping to get a menu from them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

The Clare Inn are doing dinner on Christmas Day, may be worth checking it out

Advertisement