Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4TB External HDD Toshiba / £139.98/€176.99 delivered to Ireland

Options
  • 24-11-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

It's just gone out of stock (I only bought 1 - honest :) ) but is back in a month so you can still pre-order.

If you're thinking of upgrading your old drive now or near the future it might better waiting for this one, considering 3TB nearly as/more expensive.

It's on Amazon here. Click "31 new" and select the one sold by Amazon.

Its also in stock with NordPC for £166.50/€204.98 if you want it now - Still cheaper than any other 4TB drives around.

Scan.co.uk also have them for £166 here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

UPDATE: These have just dropped on Amazon already to £129.99/€160.07 (€166.79 with Free delivery and Irish VAT - thanks Hogzy ;) ). Delivery time has dropped too to 2-4 weeks :D

Scan.co.uk is now £153.01 + £12.90 postage with Irish VAT. (Total ~ €204)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Check out groupon they have a 3Tb on offer for €139 at the mo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Amazon works out at €166.79 with Irish VAT applied. Fairly good deal if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Hogzy wrote: »
    Amazon works out at €166.79 with Irish VAT applied. Fairly good deal if you ask me.

if its coming in from the UK dont you pay UK vat ?

sunny2004 wrote: »

Nope, as with all purchases within the EU, no matter where you buy from in EU you are charged your local rate (Irish VAT 23%).

Unless you're naughty and ship to Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland, then you only pay UK VAT at 21% I think it is. (Though remember, you still have to pay Parcel Motels locker fee).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

sunny2004 wrote: »

Amazon charge the Irish VAT rate. Look it up on boards. It has been discussed on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Don't forget that not all devices/computers will work with hard drives this big, something to be aware of if your planning on use it with a DVR or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Hogzy wrote: »

Yeah €162.72 (166.79/1.23*1.2) with uk vat applied so worth shipping to parcel motel and paying the €3.50 to save €0.47!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone got an idea of the max hard drive size I can put into a dlink - 323?

i got 2 x 1.5tb in it at the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Xzen wrote: »
    Nope, as with all purchases within the EU, no matter where you buy from in EU you are charged your local rate (Irish VAT 23%).

Unless you're naughty and ship to Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland, then you only pay UK VAT at 21% I think it is. (Though remember, you still have to pay Parcel Motels locker fee).

Not true.

If the company you're dealing with does above a certain threshold of business (think it's €35k) in Ireland every year, they're obliged to register here for VAT, and you pay VAT at the our rate.

If they don't meet the threshold, they can optionally register here, or charge at whatever their own VAT rate is.

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    Not true.

If the company you're dealing with does above a certain threshold of business (think it's €35k) in Ireland every year, they're obliged to register here for VAT, and you pay VAT at the our rate.

If they don't meet the threshold, they can optionally register here, or charge at whatever their own VAT rate is.

Interesting to know, thanks :) I'm fairly sure that covers most of the bigger tech companies, DABS, Scan, Amazon, Expansys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

What happens if you get it shipped to Parcel Motel? It's a UK address so which VAT rate would you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

brightkane wrote: »
    anyone got an idea of the max hard drive size I can put into a dlink - 323?

i got 2 x 1.5tb in it at the moment,

The dns 323 can use internal hard drives up to 2TB.
    http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50198.0

If you want to research using usb drives with the dns 323 you might want to start here:
    Since DLink no longer is actively supporting this unit you may want to look into alternative firmware or simple addons that permit extended functionality such as using the USB port for a flash drive or hard drive. (Google "FFP DNS323")

pissed wrote: »
    What happens if you get it shipped to Parcel Motel? It's a UK address so which VAT rate would you pay?

Technically yes you only pay UK 21% VAT rate.

But also you should declare the item to your local Tax man so you can be charged the correct Irish 23%....I'm sure I'll see you down the tax office queue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Xzen wrote: »
    UPDATE: These have just dropped on Amazon already to £129.99/€160.07 (€166.79 with Free delivery and Irish VAT - thanks Hogzy ;) ). Delivery time has dropped too to 2-4 weeks :D

Scan.co.uk is now £153.01 + £12.90 postage with Irish VAT. (Total ~ €204)
    Back up to £145 now from Amazon

Advertisement