Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where I can download the Minecraft files from? (nevermind, got it working)

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

My Minecraft won't update. Steps so far I've taken;

Deleted C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft

Got the Minecraft.exe from; http://minecraft.net/download

Ran it, inputed my username & password, click login, and after it downloads a few files, I get;

229991.JPG

and in the new .minecraft folder I get
    bin
    ..md5s
    ..version
    lastlogin

With "bin" being tghe folder, with md5 and version in it.

Run Minecraft again, it asks if I want to update, I click yes, and it says "Downloading packages", and I get the same error again.

=-=

So, and ideas where I can get the files, without having to download the files (since this doesn't work)?

edit: problem also happens with minecraft.jar

edit2: when I try to play using the browser (chrome), I get the below error. I've also gotten the error sometimes when using the client.

229997.JPG

edit; Success. Seems disabling my antivirus for a moment allowed the update to come down. Odd. Gonna not delete this post in case I have the problem again, and forget how to fix it, and/or help other people with same problem.

Advertisement