Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu , internal intel Grapics, AMD Radeon Hd 6670 and the Dual Monitor paradox .

Options
  • 24-11-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

First off setup:

Ubuntu 12.10- 64bit

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8

8 Gb of Ram.

AMD Radeon HD 6670 - 1Gb Graphics Card -
    It's Output are 1 HDMI , 1 VGA, 1 DVI
    Using Video drivers for AMD Graphics accelerator from fglrx-update (proprietary)

Screens : Main Display - AOC 24In .
    Second Display:Prestigo 17In

Here The Problem : I'm Dual booting with windows 7. I got a second Monitor and i fired up windows and it didn't work with the dvi slot ( used a vga to dvi converter(ie From vga on 17in to dvi slot on the pc). The Prestigo had a dvi slot but i didnt have a dvi cable.)

I'm using up the vga slot by my 24in AOC. So i plugged in the 17in to the internal graphic slot and it worked.Everything Grand.

Fire up Ubuntu and Only the 24In AOC is working(As it always was). However the 17in was on. while later (still with the same setup) i hit ctrl alt and f1.(pc froze(nothing to do with the monitors - completely unrelated.) My AOC goes blank and the login thing comes up on the 17in Prestigo. Hit Ctrl Alt f7 and everythings the same except the stuff i typed on the blank screen was still visible (Though unaccessible)

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this.

Much appreciated,
    Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Do I understand you correctly that one of the monitors is not switching back from console?

Check xorg/X11 logs - there might be some info about problems with switching. Some hints here.

Advertisement