Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVR Repairs

• 24-11-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I wonder can anybody inform me where i can take a Pioneer DVR440H-S recorder for repairs,there seems to be no power going into the recorder,i have checked the cable and the plugtop/ fuse also the socket and all are ok.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

It would help if you told us where you are,If you are in Donegal and I recommend a place in Cork it is not much use to you ,is it.TMULL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

I have used these people a few times & found them quick & reasonably priced.
    (based in Craigavon Northern Ireland, but repair across the whole island)

http://www.craigavon.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dermotp

Carraig Fhearghais,and Tmull thanks for your replies i will give them a ring,i was hoping to get somebody nearer cork city because the recorder is pretty heavy to send it to Craigavon.
    I contacted pioneer eu and they put me in touch with TVAE Ballygarvin,i will report back on how i get on,again thanks for your help.

I have dealt with that outfit in Cork.I would highly recommend them.TMULL

tmull i have given the recorder to TVAE this morning and they will give me estimate in a day or two.

• Advertisement

They are the only official Panasonic repair outfit in Ireland including NI. They are agents in the south for other major brands and are very easy to deal with.Good luck with your repair.TMULL

Thanks tmull,i will report back when i hear from tvae,should be today or tomorrow.

well as promised reporting back;
    I gave my pioneer DVR to TVAE on Monday26/11/12 was informed i,d get a quote in about 2days,heard nothing and rang them friday30 th. to be told they were busy and only had a chance to check the dvr this morning,it needed a new power supply costing E147.00 and it would take a week to get same,gave the go ahead to get and install,rang them friday morning,7 th Dec. to be told part arrived and installed,dvr was under test and could be collected afternoon which was fine;
    was happy enough with the service except i hate being told we will contact you within 2 days and you hear nothing DVR now up and running again.
    Thanks to evertone for your help.

Good luck with it.I had a fairly similar experience but believe that they are busy because their reputation for reliable service gets them more business than they can handle. I would rather wait if the repair was good than a quick return from some chancer.TMULL

Tmull, i totally agree but it would be nice for once to get a call saying sorry we are busy the quote will take another few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement